Chapter 2: Kingdoms

Turning to the next page I was surprised to read the following.

They tried to destroy all evidence that demonstrated the opposite of the grandiose macabre theater that they built to achieve their goal of rising to power and controlling us, manipulating them all, so this book may be the only record of the truth that they so want to hide. ....

So I hope that you use this information well, which you cannot share with anyone, and manage to save your loved ones, so that you do not regret in the future for having made the wrong choices, something for which I blame myself a lot, which is why I write this book. risking my own life, before it is too late and that way I can correct some of my many mistakes.

And remember this "Once you read this book, do not trust anyone, even if they tell you that it was destiny, it may not be and that they simply set a trap for you with this book to destroy you and your entire family since they simply They could consider them as a plague on their plans, in addition to seeing the world differently, the way I see it, also be careful that the least you expect it, everyone can become your enemies on a simple whim and you "They will attack from behind in your moment of weakness, above all be        careful with the person you least expect a betrayal."

                                                         Att. E.

When I finished reading the first page I felt the danger that I could face but... Even so, I am very curious and I feel that this book calls me or encourages me to continue reading, but surely it is just another novel and this beginning that it made alone It is to attract more readers to her work so continue reading the next page.

A long time ago there were the twelve kingdoms.... Well, old times, these kingdoms were known as the zodiacal signs, which were divided by empires, which were the main elements, so their division was something like:

*Water: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces

*Fire: Sagittarius, Leo and Aries

*Earth: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn

*Air: Aquarius, Gemini and Libra

Wait a moment, I have already distinguished the elements but the other words mentioned do not sound familiar to me, but at the same time I feel like I do know what they are, but in case I know and I cannot remember how I met these symbols before .... And in which place?

How I hate my memory right now, why is it that at fundamental moments it doesn't work as it should.

.—Miss, General Ambrose came to pick you up... mm..--.

-.- AAAAA-.- damn this butler keeps appearing suddenly at this rate, I'm thinking he wants to scare me to death or he's doing it on purpose, luckily I managed to hide the book under my dress, hoping that he wouldn't even have seen it -.- Thank you for coming to let me know, butler, I'll be leaving in a moment, because I still have to put my things away as you can see-.- I said while trying to stop without dropping the book from the pompous dress that I was wearing. He had worn me today while I was going to put my things away... but why doesn't he stop looking at me, if looks could kill I think I would be three meters under, or could it be that he already knows about this book so He suspects that I know about this book.... Haa I already confused myself.

-.-Sorry for raising my voice a few moments ago, what happened is that he surprised me again...-.- because he's not leaving, I don't know that he's making me uncomfortable with his gaze, luckily I've already finished putting my things away, I'm just I need to keep the book without him knowing - Excuse me, butler, but can I be allowed to take a book from the imperial library? Also, you can inform my brother that I will be leaving soon - please go away, don't you see that I have to try to save my skin and this book with mysteries of the corrupt empire that seems to be a novel.

.—Of course you can take the book as long as it is not one that is prohibited in the kingdom, after all we do not know what punishment the emperor could give you and your family miss, and with regard to the general of the empire you can be sure. that your message will reach you... But I hope that a nice lady like you does not get involved in matters that do not concern you or else you would be involved in a mess from which you and your family will not be able to escape, even if you will try. will not achieve it so they will come to destruction. Said the butler while making a sinister look in my opinion and something that scared me a lot, but I will try to hide it for my own good and so that it does not give him the pleasure of seeing me scared as well as not to raise suspicion about that book that I have decided to hide. -Thank you butler and about the advice you gave me, believe me that I will take it into account-.- I said trying to pretend that I am calm but the truth is that I am dying of nerves.

.—Well, miss, I'm going to inform the general that he's going to be a little late--. He said as he bowed to me and headed out of the library, once he left I was able to release the sigh I was holding while I hurried to hide the book in the bag of cookies that I always bring and then keep in my suitcase, now I just need to leave very calmly so that no one suspects anything, come on, I just have to act as I usually do, so I'm nervous, I hope they're going to bother someone else, I'm not going to allow them to infect me with it .

Once outside the library I look once again at its door realizing that those strange symbols it has could be the same ones that were specified in the book and it seems that my memory is working again, or is that just a coincidence? or is it something else? I better hurry before my brother gets angry with me for taking too long, since he believes in punctuality at all costs.

When I got to the carriage I could see that everyone was tense. What had happened in my absence?

As I got into the carriage I saw that my brother Ambrose is frowning.

Will he be angry with me for delaying my arrival?

Has something bad happened to you at work?

Whatever happened, it is better to be silent and not unleash the angry sea.

Luckily as we headed to our house the whole way was silent, on other occasions I would have liked to try to start a conversation with him but right now I am grateful that our relationship is not so good after all I have things to think about. I was so immersed in my thoughts that I didn't realize when we arrived at the duchy and I would continue like that if it weren't for the fact that the carriage driver knocked on the door to let us know that we could get off immediately afterwards that my brother completely ignored me, something that I didn't overlook. by some employees while others just took it to mean that the general was just piling up on work so he can't be easily distracted.

When I arrived at my designated residence, the first thing I did was go to my room, I saw how some maids were cleaning in my bedroom and I said in a friendly voice - Thank you very much for your hard work, please I wanted to ask you all to leave and no one has allowed to enter my room without me ordering them, you already know that I don't like to be disturbed during my nap -.- When saying this all the maids bowed and said "As I ordered miss" once they all came out I was finally able to Relax, I left the bag of cookies on my desk while I went to lower the curtains as a precaution, then take out the book and settle into my bed, ready to continue reading that mysterious book.

These 4 empires within themselves were divided into 4 kingdoms, so each one specialized in something according to their talent, but being so different in both power and appearance, a certain rivalry was formed, which caused many conflicts for years... ..... Until he arrived, I don't know how, or when he did it, but as soon as he appeared the empires and kingdoms were magically reconciled and then swore loyalty to him. All the citizens were so happy that the wars were finally over and according to them thanks to their new EMPEROR, so they quickly let their guard down........

What few know is that this reconciliation was nothing more nor less than another play that he created to manipulate the people...

"After the calm, comes the storm."

-------------------------------------------------------

Words: 1,542