Assessing the Situation

(A/N: So, the next six parts (counting this one) are all in different peoples Pov, but it all happens in the same day.)

-Detective Jones' Pov-

I stared down at the file in my hands for the thousandth time.

Pete Wentz, 38

"Car found abandoned at a small gas station twenty miles north. No witnesses. Blood found..."

I practically have it memorized now.

Today I have an interview with his ex girlfriend, Meagan Camper. We're meeting at Starbucks, and we're going to discuss her last transactions with him.

...

I took a spot at the corner booth and placed the file and tape recorder on the table.

"Ms. Camper, what were you doing the day of Pete's murder?"

She tilted her head up, trying to recall the events, I assume.

"I was sick that day. I stayed home, my neighbor can verify this. She brought me some soup."

"Okay, next question: when was the last time you spoke to Wentz?"

"Let's see here, the day that he proposed to Patrick. He called me, begging me to come back to him, but I politely declined. I broke up with Pete because he confessed that he had feelings for Patrick, and then when he called me he told me he was wrong about that."

Interesting.

"When was the last time you spoke to Patrick, Pete's husband?"

"Also they day Pete proposed to Patrick. He called me worried when Pete wouldn't answer the phone. I told him what Pete said to me, and Patrick threatened to kill himself if Pete left him. So, Pete proposed. I don't blame him either, I wouldn't want someone else's blood on my hands."

"Thank you Miss Camper for your time."

I stood and gathered my things and left to speak to Patrick about the day Pete "proposed" to him. If you want to call it that.