Prologue

[Chapter: Morning Routine]

Kara Danvers woke up to her alarm, she groaned shutting it off, she had not had the best week at all. Her jerk of a boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend) decided to brake up with her a week ago and date a blonde the very same day and rubs it in her face all over social media, then she lost her job that same week because her old boss found out she had been looking for backup jobs for when the place gets shuts down.

Which is what her plan was to do today, she had an interview at Queen Industries to be the new assistant of Oliver Queen. Kara sat up swinging her legs off the bed, stretching after brushing her blonde hair out of her face.

"Let's do this" she muttered to herself.

That morning she did her morning routine.

~~~

One: Brush teeth and wash her face — 6:00 am

Two: Exercise in her apartment gym — 6:03 • 6:10 am

Three: Shower — 6:10 • 6:13 am

Four: Get dressed

Five: Eat breakfast

Six: Take medication

~~~

Kara decided that it would be best to eat first before getting ready so she wouldn't mess up her clothes, so she just put on a t-shirt and shorted, she then made herself some bacon, eggs, and waffles.

Once she was finished with breakfast she washed the dishes and noticed the time, 6:20 am, she had enough time since the interview was at 7 o'clock, but the interview was across town so she had to leave early.

She put on a white button down shirt with a black tight pants, she put on black heel, then brushed her hair into a slick curled ponytail with pieces of her hair hanging, lastly she added her glasses onto her face, she took two of her antidepressants before leaving the small apartment.

**********

Across town;

Oliver Queen was woken up by the loudness of his phone ringing, he groaned sitting up grabbing the phone off the nightstand next to his bed.

"What do you want mother?" Oliver asked knowing it was his mother calling as she did every morning since he told her that he and Felicity would be divorcing.

Oliver got out of bed and walked into the bathroom as his mother began to speak on the other side, trying to tell him that divorce wasn't an option as she did every morning when she called.

"Oliver," she started "Are you sure that divorcing Felicity was the right move? She's been your wife—"

"For two years," Oliver cut his mother off "It was a forceful marriage, in fact because you and father only agreed on one thing after your divorce that I needed a wife since it'll be representing a good picture for Queen Industries and I," he added  "Mother she cheated on me, I would not let that go on until she got pregnant and would have to go through the process of a DNA test and the divorce would have maybe been a little harder" he finished.

"Oliver this is not about me and your father..."

"No," he cut her off "It's about me and my life," he told her "So please just worry about yourself, I'm not going to get back with Felicity," with that he ended the call before his mother could respond.

Oliver sighed staring at himself in the mirror before his phone buzzed on the bathroom counter as a reminder.

Interview with Kara Danvers — 7 o'clock

He let out another sigh, he had been looking for a permanent assistant for about a month now, he had one since he took over three business but he had to fire the man because he was the one to sleep with his now ex-wife.

It looked at the time and saw it was now 6; 02, he did his morning routine.

~~~

One: Exercise — 6:00 • 6:10

Two: Shower — 6:10 • 6:15

Three: Get dressed

Four: Have breakfast

~~~

Oliver stood in his room staring at himself in the mirror, he had on a black button down shirt with suite pants, putting on black leather dress shows, and his short dirty blonde hair, mostly sticking up but was curved to the side.

**********

That's all for the prologue!! Hope you all enjoyed!!

Word count: 718
Published: June 7, 2024