An Eye For an Eye

"Kryoz! Take the others and go." Byze ordered.

"What about you guys?" Kryoz asked. Nogla and Byze looked at each other.

"We are going to put a stop to this." Nogla answered.

Byze nodded, "We need you to keep the others safe. Your ability is strong enough." Kryoz looked hesitant but cold mist started to surround their feet. This forest was much more dense than the last one Kryoz had fled in beforehand.

"Just... be careful. You know how crafty Neo is." Kryoz said. He turned to follow the others and disappeared into the darkness.

"Let's try and not die." Byze joked.

"Or kill one of our own." Nogla agreed. A pair of green eyes appeared from the fog. It wasn't night yet, but the fog from Smii7y's ability and the thick canopy of the trees cast eerie shadows. Byze reached into his jacket pocket. That's where he kept a handful of random things he could turn into bombs. Marbles, rocks, and coins. Nogla took off his glasses.

"Nogla. Byze. It is good to see you again." Said a chilling voice. Green and red eyes came up behind Smii7y.

"Where's the rest of your evil family, Neo?" Byze asked, "Hiding?"

"Waiting for a signal. However, I'm willing to make a deal." Neo grinned. Neo was careful to avoid eye contact with Nogla.

"A deal?" Byze asked.

Neo nodded, "You're running low on numbers. It almost makes me feel bad. My deal is for one of you to surrender and I'll let Eli go. And I will stop hunting you."

Nogla and Byze exchanged glances. "Like we're supposed to believe that." Nogla snapped.

Neo shrugged, "You're choice. I'll let you decide. If you don't, you'll all be hunted down. Talon sees all. There's no hiding."

"How do we know that you will stop?" Byze asked harshly.

"Take my word or not. I'll give you until sunset to make up your mind. We'll meet at the old warehouse east of here. Don't be late or the deal is off." Neo turned and Smii7y started to follow.

"Smii7y!" Nogla shouted and Neo froze, "We want Smii7y back. And you can no longer control him." Neo didn't say anything but made a circle with his index finger. Neo and Smii7y disappeared into the fog.

"It's a trap. That much is obvious." Byze said while watching the fog for any sign of Neo returning, "He won't give Smii7y back either."

Nogla sighed and cleaned his glasses on his shirt before putting them back on, "Yes, I know. We don't have any other choice."

"We can avoid falling into a trap." Byze argued.

"But we are being hunted down. Then it won't matter. If we can get Smii7y away from Neo, we could stand a fighting chance." Nogla argued.

"He can control Smii7y at any time." Byze pointed out.

"Yes. I know!" Nogla snapped, "I'm just tired of being pinned up against the wall. We need to do something." He pulled at his hair anxiously.

Byze took a shaky breath. Nogla was right. There was no other way. Maybe a trade could work. "If we do this, it is most definitely going to end badly. We can't trust them."

"We don't have another choice, Byze. Maybe I can keep Neo from controlling Smii7y or manipulating Neo." Nogla offered.

"If Neo betrays us then it's over. He wins." Byze said.

"What do you want to do then, Byze? Let him come after us? At least this way he might let the others go and maybe we can get Smii7y back." Nogla responded.