Chapter 3 - A Deep Feeling Inside

[Word count - 1,017]

A new day...

Location - Professor Oak's Laboratory

Ash's POV

It's the start of another new day here in the Kanto Region. I am still in the same spot as before, aka not knowing what to do. If this was the old me, I would just rush off to another region as soon as I hear about it. But that's not the case, and my mom suggests that I should take it easy.

On this easy day of mine, I decided to make my way towards Professor Oak's Laboratory to not only see him, but the rest of my Pokemon as well. I was thinking about them the other day, and I want to say hi to them, as well as making sure that everyone is doing okay.

As I walked inside, it was quiet. Too quiet. It looks like no one is here as well.

"Weird, I wonder where Professor Oak is, do you Pikachu?" I asked my partner.

"Pika..." He replied. I guess that means he doesn't know either.

I looked around for a moment, and then...

"Ah, Ash! There you are!"

I looked behind me and there he was, the man himself.

"Professor Oak! Good to see you!" I said with excitement in my voice

"It's good to see you, too. You and Pikachu for that matter."

"Pika Pika!"

"How have you been, Professor?" I asked.

"I've been well." He said. "How about you? Have you decided what to do yet?"

My smile fell instantly as soon as he asked me that.

"Well, no, not really." I replied. "What do you think I should do?"

"I know! Why not take part in the Hoenn Battle Shuffle?" He suggests.

This was starting to peek my curiosity a little bit.