Restless

(First Person) Astrid

As the ship pulled out of hyperspace, I watched as the blue and white blurs turned back to the white and black of space. Every star, different galaxy. Every galaxy, a whole new adventure. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and glanced at a sleeping peaceful clone beside me. He had his head on my shoulder, sound asleep with a subtle sound of snoring coming from his mouth. I smiled lovingly and shook his shoulders. "Wake up little sniper" I whispered in his ear. His snoring seceded as he slowly opened his eyes. "There already Asta?" I pat his shoulder then made my way towards the cockpit. I sleepily walked over to Tech and looked at the broad planet in front of us. "We will be making a quick landing because of our late arrival" Tech stated casually. "How long till we land" I asked while stretching. "10 minutes. I suggest you get your weapons together, as well as your uniform". I gave him a thumbs up and walked away towards my bag.

So glad I don't have that onesie anymore for a uniform. Hunter made a request to the Republic that I get a new one immediately for 3 reasons. One, it was not practically for anything. 2, it was distracting to anyone that we teamed up with. And 3, it did little to protect myself and it was to tight. Either way, I was glad I got something new. The fabric for my new uniform was flexible and it helped me to sense incoming objects quicker as well as tough fabric that was hard to break. Which means, I have never had the need for any armor. I pulled out a black tank turtle neck along with black ripped jeans with a red skull sown on the outside of my thighs. I grabbed my black belt along with my gun holster and dagger holsters. I took my shirt off along with my pants, quickly stuffing them in my bag then put my uniform on. I clipped my belt on and put all my weapons in their holsters. And lastly, I pulled my mask out of bag.

"Ready for this" Crosshair asked while walking towards me. I put some gum in my mouth then said, "It's another mission to finish, nothing more". Crosshair gave me a nod and placed his helmet on his head. "Get ready for a swift landing" Tech announced just as he punched the ship into full throttle. My body jerked at the sudden movement of increased speed, making me brace myself against the wall. "YEAH!" Wrecker shouted behind me. Yeah great. Tech hit the brakes, softly landing the ship on the airfield. Hope those guys down there hit the deck. The stairs to the Marauder came down. All eyes were on Hunter. The last time we teamed up with Cody, was Ryloth. After we saved Hunter, we told him what Cody did and what needed to be done to be able to save him. Hunter was more than angry but that than that, he was disappointed. He expected a lot more from the commander. "Let's give good old Cody a bit fat hello" Hunter said with sarcasm. His placed his helmet on his head and walked down the steps. Tech followed right behind him, face in his data pad. Crosshair and me walked down next, each pound of our boots hitting the ground sounding proud. Wrecker walked down behind us and shouted, "THE CAVALRY HAS ARRIVED!".

We walked towards the group of regs, showing our strength and power the closer we got. Hunter removed his helmet along with Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair. I, on the other hand, kept it on. "Sargent..." Cody began, giving Hunter a hand shake, "...Good to see you again". "You too, sir" Hunter said sternly. Cody turns to his small group of clones then says, "This is Hunter" Cody points out. The clone with blue jaig eyes on his helmet gave him a nod. Cody nodded and glanced in my direction. "Never thought Astrid would still be with you" Cody commented dryly. I stepped forward next to Hunter and said, "I'm not here, sir. The Astrid you knew on Ryloth is gone. The one you see before you now, is better." The clones behind Cody looked at each other with surprise. Hunter slightly stepped forward and said, "Sorry we're late, commander. We were putting down an insurrection and Yalbec Prime when General Kenobi's comm came in. Had a few unforeseen... complications" Hunter explained. Wrecker laughs and asks a clone, "Ever fought a male Yalbec?" The clone with the Republic crest tatted on his head says, "Um... No. Can't say that I have"