Café Encounter

[Xister's POV]

I woke up the next day feeling terrible as I should've expected since I was drunk last night.  I didn't want to complain about my pain and discomfort all day, so I decided that maybe going out somewhere with Fen could help me keep my mind off of my hangover.

Fen and I headed into one of the cafés that she said that she liked, and we both had some iced coffee.  We were about to leave when we saw Claire in the back of the café drinking some tea.  Claire noticed us and froze up when she saw Fen, which I knew would happen considering that she has witnessed Fen eating one of her victims.

Xister: "Hello, Claire!  We weren't expecting you to be here.  Don't you usually only come here on Sundays?"

Claire shook her head.

Claire: "I used to, but since I'm technically dead after..."

She stopped talking.  She didn't want to finish her sentence it seems... But why?

Claire: "N-Nevermind... I don't want to think about my death right now.  I just want to enjoy some time alone after everything that I've gone through, that's all."

Claire looked away from Fen, not wanting to say anything else as she was very afraid of her.  I looked up at Fen and saw that she looked a little sad.  After a minute or so, Fen pulled out a flower from when she went flower picking yesterday and held it out for Claire to take.  I chuckled a little and tried to reassure Claire that Fen meant no harm.

Xister: "See?  Fen is nice!  She just wants to make new friends.  I know she can be a bit... Terrifying at times, but when she's not killing, she can be a very friendly person."

Claire hesitantly took the flower from Fen's claw and sighed as she looked up at her, still feeling uneasy.

Claire: "Thanks... I guess."

An hour later, after waving goodbye to Claire, Fen and I left the café and went back to my place.  I couldn't stop thinking about what Claire meant when she mentioned her death.  Who killed her, and why doesn't Claire want to talk about them?  I needed to get some answers.