𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

See You Again (feat. Kali Uchis) - Tyler,     
                              The Creator
..

   The train rapidly jumped off of the tracks, breaking free of the demon's flesh and erratically trying to stabilize itself. "Careful! The train feels like it's about to tip over!" Tanjiro warns over the ruckus. You hold onto the front of the train, straining against the harsh winds.

   "Are you all alright?" Tanjiro shouts, holding onto the remaining flesh clinging to the train. "Are we okay? Tanjiro, you're bleeding!" You shout in disbelief, stomach churning at the sight of his blood stained uniform. The splotch spread across his abdomen rapidly since he'd been stabbed. "It's fine. Inosuke, protect the passeng-!" Tanjiro is cut off by the rocking of the train.

   Your grip slips from the train and you watch as the lot of you soar through the air. Tanjiro's eyes widen as he reaches out to the conductor, fingertips coated in his own blood. You cover your head and brace for contact. The hard ground and your body collide and you roll, feeling the rocks and branches snag at your uniform and scratch your skin.

   It takes moments for you to stop your head from spinning before you push off of the ground. "Santaro! Are you alright?" You hear Inosuke screech behind you and you turn, encountered by the sight of Tanjiro's limp body. You scurry to his side and slip him onto his back. His breaths are short and sharp, eyes screwed shut and face scratched.

   "Tanjiro!" You tilt his face towards yours with one hand, using the other to feel for his wound. The blood is warm against your palm and you cringe as you apply pressure to it. "Santaro, did you see how I bounced off of that demon's flesh?" Inosuke boasts, holding Tanjiro's side. You shoot a look at him and his demeanor instantly changes. "What am I saying?! How is your stomach?" Inosuke sits Tanjiro up and watches his face twitch.

   "I'm fine, really." Tanjiro mutters, leaning further into your touch. "I don't think.. I can move now." He winced and fluttered his eyes to take a glance at you before screwing them shut. "Can you help the others? That engineer, is he all right?" Inosuke's attitude changed and he began to lecture Tanjiro, but you couldn't focus on anything other than the pained expression on his face. Scratches scattered across his face and dirt blotched his usual rosy cheeks. You pulled a handkerchief out of your pocket and tie it around his abdomen. The blood stains the white cloth and you wipe your hands off on your legs.

"Help him, Inosuke. For me." Tanjiro mutters, and Inosuke gives in, setting him down gently. "Only because you asked, and you're my underling! And after I've rescued him, I'm gonna pluck out all of his hair!" He draws his dual swords and scurries off. You cup Tanjiro's face and lean over his body, carefully watching the way his wound bled.

"Star?" He groaned, wincing as he rest his palm against the wound. "You better not die on me, Tanjiro. I'm serious." You state in a joking manner, but you're dead serious. He smiles and opens his ruby eyes to look at you. "You're going to be fine, just focus on your breathing." You reassure him and tuck a strand of hair behind your ear before leaving an airy kiss on his forehead. Once you've pulled back, you see the giddy expression on Tanjiro's face and shy away.

He reaches up and cups the back of your head, pulling you closer until his lips graze your cheek. He leaves a sweet kiss on your cheek and keeps your face close to him. "You're so sweet." Your cheeks immediately flush and you stay close to him, not wanting to pull away just yet. His breath beats rhythmically against your skin. You bring your hand up to caress his, the moment intimate and short lived.

"You've mastered Total Concentration, Constant. That's quite impressive!" A booming voice announces over your head. In the process of pulling away, you bump heads with Tanjiro and cover your reddening face. "M-Mr. Rengoku!" Tanjiro sputters and recovers from the incident quickly. You, on the other hand, feel your ears burning with embarrassment. Time and place, Y/N, and this was not the time nor place.