𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

𝐀𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 - 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐭𝐬
..
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Four months had passed since the Mugen Train incident. That's sixteen weeks of you recovering from Rengoku's death and endless training since then. That also happens to be approximately 112 days since you had kissed Tanjiro for the first time. With the heaps of training he endured and the depression he overcame, you found it hard to find a time to talk about the two of you. Really, you only had time to meet once a week because of the solo missions you were assigned.

Finally, you found yourself at the Butterfly Mansion. You arrived later than the others despite being on time. They were lined up in front of the entrance, and a Hashira was perched on the arch. Aoi was flung over his shoulder, looking at you with wide, opal eyes. "What's going on?" You announce your presence and walk to the other side of the gate beside Zenitsu.

   "A female corps member, just what I needed to calm these pricks down." You snort and turn to the others, your smile faltering at the stoned expressions of their faces. "Take us instead of Ms. Aoi!" Tanjiro shouts, and you analyze the Hashira's face. He relaxes his face and rolls his eyes at Tanjiro's statement. "I guess I'm taking you four with me instead."

"But only if you three obey my every command!" He flashes a quirky smile and slaps Aoi's bottom. Aoi yelps and you shake your head at his actions. "That was so unnecessary."

You found yourself involved in a mission you have no information on other than the fact that a female corps member was needed. You wave your goodbyes to the girls and turn to face the back of the Hashira's head. Based on his flamboyance and cocky personality, you recognized him from one of Giyuu's gossip sessions: Tengen Uzui.

"Where are we going, old man?" Inosuke queries. Uzui turns, a smirk displayed on his face. "The flashiest spot in Japan that's teeming with lust and desire.. a hotbed for demons, the Entertainment District." His narrative voice nearly made you forget the place he'd described. You knew the Entertainment District all too well and didn't expect to be there for another few decades.

"Entertainment District? Isn't that where.." Tanjiro's words trail off, analyzing your face as you press your lips together. "You know, that place with all the beautiful, the shapely.. You get what I'm trying to say, right?" Zenitsu stammers, his cheeks flushing with color. The three of you merely blink back at Zenitsu.

   "Listen up! I am a God! You four are trash." Uzui announces, spinning in a choreographed fashion. "So be ready to bend over backwards, pander to my every whim and worship me endlessly!" Uzui ends his speech by striking a pose. This has to be a joke.

Tanjiro enthusiastically raises his hand. "Lord Uzui, What exactly are you the God of?" You knew Tanjiro would play into others' egos, but you didn't expect him to play along with his. You scratch the back of your neck and listen to Uzui babble. "I am the God of festivals, the God of flashiness!"

"God, can we go?" You mutter, rubbing your temples as Inosuke and Uzui begin to banter. You turn to Zenitsu and he bears the same baffled expression as you. "Enough fooling around, let's go." Uzui announces and leaves a cloud of dust with how quick he runs off. His once towering, bulky figure turned into the size of a sesame seed as you watch him run away.

"So this is the power of the God of Festivals." Inosuke sputters, pointing at Uzui's shrinking figure. "No way. He's just Mr. Uzui Tengen, a Hashira." Tanjiro interjects. His oblivious facade is gone and he winks at you. "What are you waiting for? We have to go after him!" Zenitsu yelps, dragging you by the arm as the four of you chase after Uzui.