Tinto de Verano

Jun. 14, 2023 - Madrid, Spain
I've only sent Mia a couple texts today because part of me was excited to see Madrid, not Spain.

Like that makes any sense. Sorry.

Real Madrid is my favorite club of all time and having the chance to see everything up close feels so good.

But I was also very tired from the flight so I wasn't on my phone much either.

The food on the airplane was so bad.. you don't know how much I hate airplane food.

Nothing beats Sandra's cooking.

Venus is over at a dog-sitter and the lady agreed to call me every morning to check up on him.

Mum found Venus in the woods back in Stourbridge where I grew up and where we suffered badly. And despite that, she took Venus home for he was skinny and it was pouring that day.

Dad wasn't happy at first and was kind of mad at my mum for bringing an animal home when we were struggling. But Venus climbed onto their bed that same night and cuddled with Dad and I think he changed his mind after that.

Mum and Dad asked me to name Venus. I don't remember why I chose the name "Venus," I think maybe it was because I had an obsession with the solar system and especially Venus at that time. It looks kind of ugly but I had an obsession because the name just sounded so awesome for 13 years old me.

But Venus got healthier and I think he favours me.

And..
I haven't told Mia what happened that other night when I opened up to who I thought was my sister, was goddamn Jude.

We're staying at a nearby hotel and Denise and Jude gone to sign his contract.

Jobe and Mark flew to Sunderland two days ago and Jobe will sign his contract today.

So it's just the Blacks here at this hotel in Madrid. Not gonna lie,

it's beautiful here.

Maybe Spain isn't going to be that bad.

Leo and Dad will stay together in Room 388.

Where me, mum and Ella will stay in Room 387.

Ella went over to Leo and Dad's room to talk with Dad about something and mum is taking a shower so I'm left alone.

I got up from my bed and lean against the window. Everything seems so pretty. I kind of want to go outside.

I take out my phone to see three new messages from Mia.

I turn off my phone and walk out of Room 387 to go to the room across from it where three of my other family members are.

I knock on the door and Leo opens it.

"Hi." Leo says and puts his right AirPod on.

"Hi." I say softly and walk over to Ella. She's reading a book called, If He Had Been With Me.

I've heard about it and it sounds like something that'll wreck me. Hard.

Ella said that she'll let me borrow the book when she finishes it but she's kind of a slow reader so it'll probably take up until August for her to finish it.

I've been patient for too long now.

Her head's resting on her right knee as she read. She's sitting on Leo's bed.

I jump on the bed as Ella turns a page. The beds here are very comfy for some reason.

Leo roll his eyes and smirks as he walks over to us. "Wow.. where am I going to sleep now?" He says as he takes off his AirPods.