VII

TPH

I made my way up the stairs to ask Zion what she wanted for dinner because it's her night to choose

Her and Dallas alternate nights to pick dinner because I never know what to cook.

I knocked on Zi's door three times before she opened the door revealing herself.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?"

She stood there thinking for a moment.

"Chicken and Macaroni"

I mumbled an okay then went back down to the kitchen.

After Grabbing everything I needed from the refrigerator and the pantry I started cooking.

Every few minutes I would peep at the baby monitor since Kezzi was in bed for the night, despite it being early. Her and I had played all day so i'm not surprised that she's asleep so early.

I grated the cheeses and put them to the side after I put the noodles to boil.

I was trying a new recipe for the macaroni and cheese because I had been seeing it all over my feed on Tiktok.

Flicking my wrist to check the time on my watch. 7:45 flashed across the screen.

I needed to speed things up. Fantasia would be home soon. I didn't want her to have to wait for her food after a long day.

I smiled to myself at the thought of her. She has such a big heart, I couldn't understand how anyone could fall out of love with her.

She and I have gotten closer since our conversation at the arcade a week ago. When she would be home, I would be in her room with Kezzi. We would lay across her bed and talk until one of us fell asleep or started to get hungry. And even after that, we would pick up where we left off after eating or a nap.

The word baby would roll off of Tasia's tongue more often than usual. And every time, my cheeks would heat up. I think she does it on purpose because she smiles every time.

Her hands are always caressing my face or my shoulders. And I would do the same to her.

And sometimes we would find eachother staring at the other for too long.

But no words are ever spoken about our relationship. If you could call it that. For all I know, she could act like this with everyone. There's no indication that our actions are anything other than platonic.