CHAPTER 1

INTRODUCTION :

INTRODUCTION :

Vedika Malhotra is a highly efficient marketing executive working in Mumbai's bustling corporate world. Her days are meticulously planned, down to the last minute, and her fierce dedication to her career leaves little room for spontaneity. She thrives on structure and control, using her no-nonsense attitude to navigate the chaotic business landscape.

Hriday Desai is the polar opposite. A charismatic travel blogger, he lives life on the edge, constantly chasing new adventures and experiences. His work takes him to the farthest corners of the world, and he relishes the unpredictability of his nomadic lifestyle. His carefree attitude often lands him in amusingly tricky situations, which he handles with a blend of humor and quick thinking.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

THE VACATION PROPOSAL :

It has been several months since Vedika and Hriday’s first encounter. Vedika is in her cozy apartment, cooking dinner for herself and her best friend, Ira Sharma. The two women share a deep bond, having been friends since college. Ira is lounging on the couch, scrolling through her phone, while Vedika is busy chopping vegetables in the kitchen.

The aroma of spices fills the air as Vedika skillfully moves around her kitchen, preparing a delicious meal. Ira, completely immersed in her phone, occasionally glances up to comment on a funny meme or an interesting post. The easy camaraderie between them is evident in their playful banter.

Ira: (grinning) "Vedi, you won't believe this. There’s a new travel deal to Kerala and other parts of South India. It’s super cheap! We should go."

Vedika: (without looking up) "Ira, you know I can't just drop everything and go on a vacation. I have work, deadlines, and a million other things to take care of."

Ira: (dramatically) "Oh, come on Devi Vedike ! We both need a break. You’ve been working non-stop. A vacation will do you good. Besides, when was the last time we did something fun together?"

Vedika: (sighing) "Ira, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it’s not that simple. I can't just take off like that."

Ira: (determined) "Vedi, you deserve this. Remember college? We always talked about going on a big adventure together. This is our chance."

Vedika: (smiling) "College was a long time ago. We’re not those carefree girls anymore."

Ira: "Speak for yourself girl. I’m still as carefree as ever. And I’m not taking no for an answer. We’re going, and that’s final."

Vedika: (laughing) "You’re impossible, you know that?"

Ira: (smirking) "That’s why you love me."

Vedika laughs and shakes her head, feeling her resolve weakening under Ira’s relentless optimism. She continues cooking, but her mind starts to wander to the idea of a vacation, the possibility of escaping the daily grind, and perhaps, finding some clarity.