CHAPTER 2

After a few hours of exploring the market, the group’s stomachs were growling

After a few hours of exploring the market, the group’s stomachs were growling. Hriday suggested they try a local dhaba for lunch.

They found a quaint, open-air dhaba with wooden tables and benches. The aroma of freshly cooked food was irresistible.

“Let’s try some authentic Hyderabadi biryani,” Hriday suggested as they sat down.

“Sounds good to me,” Vedika agreed.

They ordered a variety of dishes, including biryani, kebabs, and naan. As they waited for their food, the banter continued.

“So, Vedika,” Rivaan began, “any more clumsy encounters since the wedding?”

Vedika laughed. “Not yet. I’ve managed to stay spill-free.”

Hriday grinned. “That’s a relief. I don’t think I could handle another soaked suit.”

Ira rolled her eyes. “You two are impossible. Can we just eat?”

When the food arrived, the group dug in with enthusiasm. The flavors were rich and complex, each bite a new discovery.

“This is amazing,” Vedika said, savoring a mouthful of biryani.

Hriday nodded. “Hyderabadi biryani is in a league of its own.”

Ira, her mouth full, gave a thumbs up. Rivaan, for once, had nothing sarcastic to say and simply enjoyed the meal.

After lunch, the group decided to visit the Qutb Shahi Tombs, a historical site with beautifully preserved tombs and monuments from the Qutb Shahi dynasty.

As they walked through the gardens and admired the architecture, Vedika felt a sense of tranquility. The tombs, with their grand domes and intricate carvings, were a testament to the city’s rich history.

“This place is incredible,” she said, snapping pictures on her phone.

Hriday nodded, his expression thoughtful. “It’s humbling to think about all the history here.”

Ira and Rivaan, for once, seemed to have called a temporary truce as they explored the site together. They still bickered occasionally, but it was clear that the day’s adventures were starting to bring them closer.

Vedika noticed and whispered to Hriday, “Do you think there’s still something between them?”

Hriday shrugged. “Hard to say. They definitely have a lot of unresolved issues.”

Vedika smiled. “Maybe this trip will help them sort things out.”

Their final stop for the day was Golconda Fort, a majestic fortress with a history dating back to the 13th century. The fort’s massive gates, grand palaces, and intricate water supply system were impressive.

As they climbed the steep steps to the top, Vedika marveled at the engineering feat. “Imagine building something like this without modern technology.”