(Matchpen fluff;1/?) Bro(ther)ught Along.

"Each one is out of character, as you know I tend to be."
-Will Wood
————————————————————————————————

In bed laid beside each other Pencil, Match and Pen.

Pencil was utterly exhausted from the whole day. How did J get here? she thought to herself.

Well, she was in bed with Pen and Match because the double bed in the room had broken down, forcing the two BFFs next to Pen. And Pencil had had enough of Pen's sleep activities for a litetime, so Match got the middle spot.

Her hands nearly hanging off the side of the bed, Pencil reflected: So this is where thriftiness gets me. She'd seen a video about the practice of looking around for small, closing bnbs and buying semi-legal, off-the-record tickets and given it a try. I wonder how many updoots my comment will get when I bring up this story. Gotta tell people about the risks. To her chagrin, this place clearly didn't take safety nor maintenance seriously, and since it was closing down, all the spare matresses had been sold off. And with how much of a pain the attitude of the owner had made getting this room, she had no intention of trying to get a different one. No wonder this place is closing. What moron asks a customer "Do you have a tail?" as the first question? What, was he gonna hang up if I said yes? Actually, that seems exactly like what he'd do. Ugh, so insensitive.

What else was there? Pen had come along because Ink Cartridge wouldn't let him stay home alone while he and mom went on some bussiness trip. "Oh, why don't you call me dad, Pencil?" Because you're never around and ruin everything when you are, maybe? Ugh, how does mom even put up with this guy?

Couldn't you have waited at least a year or two longer before having a kid with the guy, mom? Please? At least then the age gap between me and Pen would've been big enough for me to not be stuck with with him all the time. What else, hmmmm....

Well, we're in this place because the last minute airplane tickets were cheap. Sun and warm water, who ever needed more than that? I better not have grown out of my swimwear. And neither had Match! The only thing worse than me getting water on my bare surface is Match getting it.

Speaking of her, how's she doing? Pencil opened her eyes and looked at the scene before herself. Under the way-too-strong light of the indicator on the A/C unit, she saw that Match was entirely embraced by Pen.

She sleeps like a log. Do try to get him off her? Nah, I'm too sore for this. And she doesn't seem to care. Checkup on Match done, she closed her eyes. Where were we before the hotel? That restaurant, yeah. Pen made that stupid joke. ("I'd expect master chef Sword to make a better swordfish sauce.") I don't get why Match laughed at it. Or when he was holding the door open for us, why'd she treat it like it's cute? He's so infuriating.

Doesn't Match see it? All he's doing is showing everyone his puppy eyes all the time. "Oh, look at me, I'm the younger brother, give me all the love instead of my sister." And of course Ink Cartridge keeps pushing mom to help out his own kid instead of me. Ugh. Anyway, we got to that restaurant from the bus stop. "Oh, let me carry your bags." Can't he leave us alone? Ugh, I should've pushed mom to leave him with Eraser or one of his other dumb friends. Stop ruining our girl holiday. Ugh.

Match is literally the only way I've survived this far. I'm pretty sure I would've combusted if I had to sit next to Pen on the bus. The scenery was nice, at least. What even was it that she and Pen were talking about with that couple? I should've pushed for us to get two seats next to each other and leave Pen with a rando.

Well, I hope tommorow's better. We're at our destination after all.

Beaches, here we come!

And with that she fell asleep too.

————————————————————————————————

AN: If you've got any ideas for what you'd like to happen to our little group on/near the beach, feel free to let me know.

To be continued.