Ch 11 - Unwanted Rescue

Ugh, my stomach hurts

Ugh, my stomach hurts. I really should eat something, even though I can't. What I heard from my parents after we left that annoying guy's house—well, the family was adorable, but him? No. He's absolutely unbearable. Seriously, what has gotten into me? I never swear to someone like this ever.

I'm driving my newborn baby Mercedes to have a lunch date with Yasmin, sitting in the passenger seat. We're in the middle of a gossip session, and let me tell you, hers is very interesting. She won't stop gushing about this guy who's been texting her lately. She's been smiling nonstop, her eyes glued to her phone screen.

"If I was ever to be in love, I'd give my secret stash of chocolates to my lover!" I declared, earning a snort from Yasmin.

"You even had a conversation with him on the balcony alone. That's like, legit!" Yas said, her eyes wide in shock as she hit me on the back. I let out a yelp.

"Yes, I was. I wish I hadn't. He's so annoying. He even pointed out that my clothes were on backward! I can't believe he had no shame to say it so bluntly."
"I've never seen you so worked up over a guy. How did you not know your clothes were on the wrong side?" Yas was laughing, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Yas! Whose side are you on? And who cares? It's not my fault. It looked the same on both sides. How did he even notice?" I groaned, taking a right turn.

I glanced at her for a moment when the traffic light turned red. I was about to say something when I felt my car get hit from behind.

"What the—" I started, whipping my head around to see what had happened. Yas was looking just as shocked as I felt. I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car, my anger bubbling up inside me.

The car that hit me was a sleek black Bugatti with tinted windows. Of course, it had to be a Bugatti. I marched over to the driver's side, ready to give the owner a piece of my mind.

"Hey! Get out of the car!" I shouted, banging on the window. "You just hit my car! Come on, show yourself!"

The window slowly rolled down, revealing none other than Zahir. My heart skipped a beat, and my face turned red. Of all the people in the world, it had to be him.

"You?!" I sputtered, my voice a mix of shock and anger. "What are you doing here?"

Zahir looked at me with his usual cold, calm demeanor. "I could ask you the same thing," he said coolly. "But since I'm the one driving, I'll start. Why were you stopped in the middle of the road?"

"I wasn't stopped in the middle of the road! The light was red!" I retorted, my irritation growing by the second.

He raised an eyebrow, clearly unimpressed. "If you paid more attention to the road instead, this wouldn't have happened."

I felt my blood boil. "Excuse me? You hit my car, and now you're blaming me? You have some nerve!"

Yasmin got out of the car, looking between us with wide eyes. "Um, maybe we should all calm down a bit," she suggested, trying to diffuse the situation.