- 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 -

in this chaos, you're my calm.

"REGINA AND ANAKIN," said Mace Windu. The tall Jedi Master and the rest of the Council were sitting in their makeshift chairs that they were using for this particular meeting. "We've decided to send you back to Naboo."

Regina spared a quick glance to the right where her Master stood beside Kenobi, both Knights looking grim as they watched their Padawans receive their orders from the Council.

To be honest, Regina was glad to hear that they were being sent back. They'd been on the Arken for two days, occasionally traveling down to the surface to retrieve troops that were no longer active, but that was about it. The Jedi had rarely used the Padawans in those missions anyway, and Regina was getting antsy. She wanted to do something helpful.

Plus, she wanted to talk to Skywalker, to just be with him alone, in general. Since the Battle of Geonosis—that's what everyone was calling it—the two of them had hardly seen each other, let alone had a moment to speak to him privately. Though they were still assigned to protect Padmé, both of them were preoccupied with their Masters and various, mediocre tasks designated to them.

"Until finalized the vote on Coruscant, they have, protect the Senator you both will," Grand Master Yoda added, looking at the Padawans patiently.

Regina resisted the urge to glance at Anakin as the Council dismissed them. Walking over to Kenobi and Quillow, Regina and Skywalker stood in front of their Masters.

"This is goodbye again, Regina," Quillow said, putting his furry hand on Regina's shoulder. "This time, stay on Naboo... And be sure to keep your lightsaber with you."

The Wookie gave Regina a knowing smile, his eyes twinkling. As hard as he was on Regina, the Padawan knew that Quillow was a good Master; perhaps the best to be had in the entire Order.

"Goodbye, Master," Regina smiled back.

"May the Force be with you, Young One."

Opening her mouth to reply to Quillow, Regina was swiftly interrupted by Skywalker.

"Regina, we should find the Senator," he broke in. Regina glanced at Quillow, wanting to say something more to her Master; for some reason she felt in her bones that this would be the last time that she and her Master would meet like this, and she wanted to express that he meant more to her than most things in the galaxy.

"Go, Regina," Quillow instructed instead, giving his Padawan a knowing look.

"Yes, Master," Regina replied. She was hardly conscious of Skywalker grabbing her sleeve with his left hand—his right hand, severed by Count Dooku, had been replaced by a droid-like prosthetic. He was still adjusting to it, and Regina knew that he was making use of his left while he made the transition.

She let Skywalker pull her away, not looking back at her Master. She could sense him watching her, and she could feel pride ebbing from him. Regina had no idea why, but it made her heart happy to know that she'd done something to please him.

Once Skywalker and Regina exited the room full of Jedi, Anakin shot her a look.

"How are you holding up, my love?" he questioned, looking down at her. The wide open hallway, though Jedi and clone-free, made Regina uneasy.

"I'm tired of being here," she admitted, meeting his gaze. "I'm glad that we're being sent back."

Regina steeled herself as a group of armed clones came around a corner.