Chapter thirteen

Author's note: hello everyone! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Please don't forget to vote :)

Before I knew it, I was on the ground, trying to shove him away from me before I lose control to Iverene, shifting into my wolf in the process and running away.

I didn't know where we were going, but Iverene was happily leading the way, and I trusted she knew what she was doing. Iverene probably knew where everyone in the pack was located if she wanted to find them due to her strong senses.

When I shifted, I allowed Iverene to take control, but I didn't give it to her fully. I knew that Iverene was still a wolf, and like me, she craved the mark Ayre was about to place on us. However, it is at moments like this one that I feel blessed to have Iverene as my wolf. My other half.

She knew the responsibility the mark would put on us. She also knew that though she yearned for it, and yet, she was angry Ayre dared to do that. Claim us without our consent.

She never once slowed down or turned her head to check if Ares shifted into his wolf and was following us. I know she wanted to do it; she made it clear to me. Yet, she didn't.

After a while of her leading the way, running through packhouses, open green land and finally into the woods, she stopped. She shifted back immediately, giving me back my control. I didn't know why she had done that so quick.

I looked around the woods for a while, trying to know where I was, but I didn't know where she had taken us. I barely spent time here in the pack, and it was beginning to annoy me that I didn't know my surroundings.

Enough time passed that I was now sure Ares didn't follow. Either that, or Iverene was truly angry, running for an escape and not for fun.

I crouched beside a tree, leaning my back onto it, only to breathe properly. I was finally thinking about my torn clothes that I tried so hard to not shred.

The first time I shifted into my wolf, Iverene was so hard to control. Just like any Alpha wolf, she craved power, respect and obedience. It was almost as if she couldn't believe she was going to obey me and not the other way around. It had taken time to get used to her, and it used to be difficult watching Ivor have perfect control over his pup during that time. But soon enough, when Iverene understood the depth of our situation, she cooperated with me. Willingly.

There wasn't any fighting for control after that moment.

I made sure to give her freedom whenever I could as well, not wanting to cage her inside of me. It was an amazing feeling knowing that I could argue with Ivor and he'd lose control over his wolf, needing to go over a run, while Iverene and I snickered at him in my head.

And now I was reminded of the same thing.

I feel interrupted after a while, suddenly feeling someone in my mind. I drop my eyes to my neck. How could someone be mind-linking me? I'm not marked.

I reluctantly let the intruder into my mind, now knowing who it was.

Ivy? It was Derek. Blood Moon's third in command.

Derek? I reply, making sure to let him know of my shock. The only way he could be able to mind-link with me would only be if he was close enough to Ares's territory.

I came to check on you. I'm outside of the territory. Think you can come? I don't want to trespass. He informs me. I furrow my eyebrows a little, standing up. I may not be Luna, but I'm sure I was allowed to let in visitors into the pack's territory. I wait for confirmation from Iverene, wanting to know if she agreed. All I hear from her is a whimper. She's clearly sad.