𝟎𝟎𝟑.𝟏

Francis and Sixtine stared ahead, mildly confused and disappointed, as the presumed god, Mr. D, drank diet coke, wore Hawaiian shirts, and played cards.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood," Mr. D drawled, not even looking up from his game, clearly bored out of his mind. "Franco and Seventeen."

"It's Sixtine," Sixtine corrected, a hint of irritation in her voice.

"Sixteen, Seventeen, same thing," Mr. D replied dismissively.

"No, Sixtine, like the chapel," she insisted.

"Terrible name," he muttered. "Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, You're demigods. Follow the rules, don't get on my nerves or I'll make you a dolphin otherwise. One of you is destined for the sun god, the other one should not even be alive. Fun times. Don't raid the camp store, now shoo."

"What is this place? What are we doing here? What is going on? What do you mean not alive and destined for the sun?" Francis ranted in frustration, gripping his hair as Sixtine looked at them with the same look.

"Did you not show them the orientation film?" Mr. D harrumphed, making Chiron lead the kids to watch the film.

"Orientation film?" Sixtine asked.

As Francis and Sixtine were led away by Chiron, they exchanged worried glances, both clearly overwhelmed by Mr. D's cryptic comments and the bizarre situation they found themselves in.

Chiron offered them a reassuring smile. "I apologize for Mr. D's... bluntness. Let me take you to see the orientation film. It will explain a lot about who you are and why you're here."

"Orientation film?" Sixtine repeated, still baffled.

"Yes," Chiron said, guiding them inside the house, "It's a quick way to introduce new campers to the world of demigods and the purpose of Camp Half-Blood."

Once inside, they were seated in a small, cozy room with a projector. Chiron started the film, and the screen flickered to life. Narrated by a friendly voice, it began with scenes of ancient Greece, depicting gods, goddesses, and heroic demigods.

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood," the narrator, a blonde and extremely handsome man began, Sixtine's eyes stuck to him. "A safe haven for demigods." Somebody fell in the lava pit screaming as the shot was cut.

Francis and Sixtine exchanged a surprised glance as the screen depicted a dramatic fall into a lava pit, followed by a quick cut to more serene scenes of the camp. The narrator continued, seemingly unfazed by the interruption.

"So your mom and dad, probably had a really good time with some god or goddess resulting in you." The narrator flashed a blinding grin to the camera.

Sixtine stared half amused and half confused by the narrator's unexpected bluntness and charm.

The narrator's smile didn't waver as he continued, "Here, at Camp Half-Blood, you will learn to harness your unique abilities, train for the challenges ahead, and understand your divine heritage in a safe environment." The screen shifted to scenes of campers engaging in various activities—sword fighting, archery, and interacting with magical creatures.

There was a loud groan as one of the archers shot a kid and the scene cut again to a calm scene of the forest.

"It's an all inclusive environment," The narrator voiced over before somebody yelled in the background, "How are you asian and dumb?"

The voice cut off to add calm music.

"You might have noticed some strange things happening around you," the narrator said, "like monsters, magical occurrences, or sudden bursts of incredible abilities. Well, congratulations! That means you're a demigod!"