𝟎𝟎𝟕.𝟏

Sixtine glared at Hagrid and Harry as they rowed down the river to Lindon, she was wet from head toe, a mishap by the two males infront of her.

The sun shone on her drying her off but she could still feel water droplets cascading from her hair down to her shoulders. Thankfully the journey was short and soon the boat bumped gently into the harbor wall. They clambered up the stone steps onto the street.

Passerby's stared at them as they walked on the London streets. Sixtine walked with ease, used to people looking but Harry beside her looked uncomfortable.

"Still got yer letter, you lot?" Hagrid asked as he walked. Harry took the parchment envelope out of his pocket, Sixtine leaned next to him to read.

"Good," said Hagrid. "There's a list there of everything yeh will need."

Harry unfolded a second piece of paper he hadn't noticed the night before, and read:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY UNIFORM

First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)

Please note that all pupils' clothes should carry name tags

COURSE BOOKS

All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginners' Guide to Transfiguration by Emetic Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

OTHER EQUIPMENT

wand cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
set glass or crystal phials
telescope set
brass scales

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN
BROOMSTICKS

"Can we buy all this in London?" Harry wondered aloud.

"If yeh know where to go," said Hagrid.

"First of all, the uniform? Ew. Secondly toads? Ew, again and thirdly, Will these books be available in the language I can read?"

"You can't read English?" Harry asked, Hagrid gave Sixtine the look to not tell him anything, so she made up an excuse, "I'm French, I know how to speak English but I can't read it,"

Harry nodded.

Hagrid seemed to know where he was going. Hagrid was so huge that he parted the crowd easily; all Harry and Sixtine had to do was keep close behind him. They passed book shops and music stores, hamburger restaurants and cinemas, but nowhere that looked as if it could sell you a magic wand.

This was just an ordinary street full of ordinary people. Could there really be piles of wizard gold buried miles beneath them? Were there really shops that sold spell books and broomsticks?

"This is it," said Hagrid, coming to a halt, "the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place."

It was a tiny, grubby-looking pub. If Hagrid hadn't pointed it out, Harry and Sixtine wouldn't have noticed it was there. The people hurrying by didn't glance at it. Their eyes slid from the big book shop on one side to the record shop on the other as if they couldn't see the Leaky Cauldron at all. In fact, Sixtine had the most peculiar feeling that only they could see it.