Part four

He had gone too far and he knew it, but Ghost was like that; possessive.

Possessive of someone who wasn't his, won't be.

He was still your superior, your lieutenant, and it was his job to punish those who wouldn't follow the rules.

Not because the thought of another man touching you made him sick, no, just the rules.

You walked back to your barracks, confusion was still clouding your every thought.

"How is he doing ?" No need for you to turn around, you knew it was him.

What were you even supposed to say ?

"The nurse said he'll be fine," you muttered as your eyes narrowed toward him, meeting his gaze.

"A few bruises and a broken nose." You could barely hear your own voice, as your heartbeat invaded your ears.

"Oh, my mistake. I must have confused him with someone else."

'Too much training'

"Sir, I know-"

"Relationships of any sort are forbidden." Words that left no room for argument, you just nodded and swallowed thickly.

Oh but he wouldn't forbid his hands to roam your body.

Wouldn't forbid a relationship; if it was with him.

He was selfish, greedy. But you didn't know that, did you ?

"I am sorry," you pleaded as your eyes locked onto his. He liked that, your eyes on him.

"My quarters, midnight." You couldn't even speak, he was already gone.

You thought you were confused before, now you were lost. You knew it wasn't a question, nor a proposition. You didn't have a choice.

The way it made you feel surprised you.
The way your stomach tightened.

For a moment you couldn't move, as if both of your feet were glued to the floor.

Your mind was racing, the apprehension, the excitement, it was eating you inside.

When you finally found the strength to go back to your senses, you went straight to your room.

Hours passed and you didn't even count the amount of times you checked the time; feeling both scared and excited.

You couldn't be late, and you couldn't be too early either. You knew that very well, it wouldn't be acceptable.

Your heart beat painfully hard against your chest as you walked down the hallways.

Your hands shook as you almost knocked on the door; almost.

11:59

A minute that couldn't be ignored, a minute that felt like you were stuck in an endless loop.

12:00

Your palms were sweaty, as the door opened, "come in."

A step forward was all it took, going past the point of no return.