Great expectations

Mom is getting a call in the middle of breakfast. "Of course, we would love to have the baby. All the other cousins are sleeping over tonight."

"The more the merrier." Jay adds on.

"Okay, see you tonight. Bye-bye." Gloria ends the call.

"Is Haley still coming?" Manny asks.

"Gosh you're such a weirdo, you're related." I say with disgust.

"Oh, but you don't say anything when Luke acts weird around you." He questions.

"That's because he's a little boy with feelings I don't want to hurt." I smile.

"I'll spray you with the hose." Jay announces, disturbed by Manny's crush as well.

Manny shakes his head and continues reading the newspaper.

Tonight is "Jay's night." Apparently a family tradition. We wear pajamas, which is fun.  He makes his "famous sloppy Jay's" which I find delicious. And he puts on a Western, which I don't really care for.

Tonight is also Andrew Adler's party. Haley has been texting me about it non stop and "Jay's night" is the only thing keeping us from going. So me and her plan to sneak out.

- TIME CHANGE, IT IS NOW NIGHT BUT WE'RE STILL IN THE KITCHEN -

"Oh my gosh, are you making your 'Sloppy Jays' again?" I smile.

"You know it, Emilia." He replies.

Mom enters the room, singing, or yelling not really sure, in Spanish.

"So, Lily likes that, that.. singing?" Jay questions her.

"Yes, it relaxes her." Mom says, rocking Lily.

"Oh, okay." Jay says, before mom continues singing again. "..so Lily's deaf." he walks out.

The doorbell rings, Manny hears it and fixes his hair and eyebrows real quickly, for Haley.

"There's my little stinkers!" Jay yells as the Dunphy family enters the room.

"Howdy!" Alex yells.

"Hi Grandpa." Luke says, looking at him nervous.

"Hola hola!" Mom greets them.

"Hey, Haley! Come here real quick." I smile. She rushes over. "Okay, so how are we gonna do this?"

"I'm gonna ask him, of course."

"Pretty smart plan, how long did it take you to think of it?"

"Shut up, it's gonna work." She rolls her eyes as she walks towards Jay, but gets interrupted by Manny.

"Why, hello there, Haley." He smirks.

"Take it down a notch, Jethro." Jay grunts. "So, you guys ready for some fun?"

Luke looks at Grandpa, now sad. "I love you, grandpa, and I'm never gonna forget you." He says, hugging him.

"Okay, okay. Back at ya, champ." He pushes him off. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. This is a pajama party, where are your PJ'S?" He asks Haley.

"Yeah, they're in my bag. I need to talk to you about something." Haley mutters.

"She and Emilia want to go to a party with Dylan, grandpa." Alex interrupts.

"Shut up, Alex." Haley rolls her eyes. "It's at my friend Andrew Adler's. He lives three blocks from here."

"Oh. Walking distance." Jay sighs.

"Right, so I wouldn't ask this because I love coming to your house, but it's kind of an important party, and I-"

"Yeah, somebody invites you over, the last thing you wanna do is insult them." Jay smiles.