Starting over

Thank you for waiting, and I'm sorry for taking so long to update again.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

It has been a few weeks, and the village was slowly getting back on track. Tsunade was slowly getting ready for people to know that she was the Hokage now. Naruto had found Konohamaru and helped him feel better about someone else talking the Hokage seat.

Emi was doing well. Kurenai had been looking after Mirai a few times. Emi was helping Tsunade look into away to heal Lee's back.

Everyone was happy to have Tsunade, and she had her first meeting with the council, and she shouted at the civilian council for just talking over the Ninja Academy and for putting weak Ninja in the system.

Tsunade then took back everything they were trying to get control of. She also told them that a life of a Ninja is hard, and if someone Clan members or not couldn't handle it, then they wouldn't be aloud to be a Ninja. She also had them understand that they were glad to have civilian's around to make clothes and food.

"And lastly, you need to understand that the Ninja academy is here to prepare future Ninjas to be ready to face being out on the field. In the ninja world, it's killed or killed. If a civilian kid wants to be a ninja, then they have to know this, and that if they are faint of heart, then they can't be a ninja. We don't want someone like that in the ranks. They could get themselves or their team killed." Said Tsunade as she left along with the Clan heads.

The civilians all looked down ashamed. A lot of their kids couldn't make it even with the changes they made. Mrs. Haruno learned from Sakura that she was the weakest on her team because she didn't know more about Jutsu's and that she was a fan girl. Mrs. Haruno was sad to know that her daughter was slowing the team down and not Naruto. She felt ashamed that she made her daughter easy to kill or get her team killed.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

Emi was glad to see that things were changing at the academy. She saw teachers were coming out sad and knew ones being called in. She knew this was Tsunade's doing. Emi was glad to have her Sensei back and bring things back to how they were.

Mirai was able to now eat baby food. She was getting big, and she was a happy baby and didn't cry too much. She loved being with Naruto because he would make her laugh.

It was a few more days that Emi and Tsunade found away to heal Lee. They told Lee and Guy what the chances were, and Lee had time to think, and he told the two the next day that he would do it. They set up a time to do the surgery, and they went to do their jobs.

Emi had some time before she could go back to work. Mirai was still not old enough to be away from her mother for that long. Asuma was doing missions with his team. The village was slowly being rebuilt, and it was getting back to normal for some civilians.

It was three more weeks, and Sasuke could leave the hospital. He was mentally stable, and he was feeling better. He left with Naruto, and he was stopped about halfway home by Sakura asking him bunches of questions.

"Stop it, Sakura!'' Said Naruto with a small glare. "Sasuke needs to get back home and rest for a few more days of rest. He is hungry and just wants to go home and eat and rest." Naruto added as he gently pushed Sasuke along. He used a Jutsu that Kurmua showed him, and they disappeared and reappeared in front of the Uzumaki clan gate. Naruto opened the gate, and they headed in. Naruto had a Sasuke shower and change while he made him a salad with some tomatoes cut up and added to the dish.

He got him some juice as well. Sasuke was grateful when he saw the food and thanked Naruto for making it and sat down to eat.

Naruto went to get some books that they had been reading and put them in Sasuke's room so he could still learn things while he rested. "Thank you, Naruto. I'll rest and read. Maybe later we all can play a game." Said Sasuke.

"Sounds fun and something that Emi will agree on since you'll still be resting." Said Naruto with a chuckle.

Sasuke laughed as well, and Naruto went to clean up as well, and he would water the plants in the house before he would rest for a bit.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

A bit later, Emi and Asuma got back, and Emi was glad to see the two young boys resting and playing a game in the living room. After the adults had something to eat, they joined in, and they played for a few hours.

After that, they just talked and enjoyed the calm atmosphere. Emi went to pick up Mirai, and she soon came back with the little girl. Asuma cuddled his daughter for a moment before he let her go back to Emi, who went to put her to sleep.

The four talked for a bit longer. It soon started to get dark, and Naruto and Sasuke went to bed an hour earlier. Naruto was tired from doing missions with his team. Sasuke was tired because of being in the hospital and still being mentally tired.

Emi and Asuma smiled at each other, and they talked for a few more hours. "They are growing up so fast." Said Emi.

"Yeah, they are. Naruto is such a good friend to Sasuke. I heard them talking four weeks ago that they were like brothers from different mothers." Said Asuma.

"I'm glad they are so close. Sasuke would have been different if Naruto hadn't gotten close to him. I'm glad they can learn on each other, and if that isn't enough, then I'm happy that they can trust us to come and talk to us." Said Emi with a smile.

Emi quickly started to tear up. Sis, Brother, can you see how much Naruto has grown?" Emi sad softly.

"Oh, Emi." said Asuma softly, and he went to hug her. "I'm sure they are so proud that you raised Naruto to be a kind and helpful boy." said Asuma as he helped her.

"Y-yeah. I'm sad that they couldn't watch Naruto grow." Said Emi.

"I know. Minato-San trusted you to take care of Naruto and teach him what he needs to know. I know Kushina is happy that you taught Naruto the clan Jutsu and TaiJutsu. She is also glad that he isn't a picky eater." Said Asuma with a joke at the end.

Emi giggled and nodded. "Yes, she would be. I remember hearing her tell Naruto not to be a picky eater." Said Emi, wiping her tears.

Asuma kissed her forehead and said, "Go to bed, Emi. I'll be there in a moment." Said Asuma.

Emi nodded and headed up to bed. She walked in, and she got ready for bed. She lay down and she read a book that she loved to read when she was younger.

Asuma soon came in and got changed. He then joined her, and they cuddled up and soon fell asleep.

🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧🫧

Thank you for waiting and I hope you like it. I'll try to update again soon. If you don't like it, then don't read. I'll see you in the next chapter.