Chapter 37: Dhanteras Celebrations

Goenka Villa is bustling with excitement as the family prepares for Dhanteras. Akshara is getting ready in her room, trying to wear a saree for the first time. She struggles with the pleats, looking nervous.

Akshara (muttering to herself): "Yeh saree kitni mushkil hai... kaise sambhalti hain sab?"

As she’s about to trip, Naira enters the room and catches her just in time.

Naira (smiling): "Arre sambhal ke! Pehli baar saree pehen rahi ho, thoda dhyan se, beta. Kab seekhogi tum?"

Naira helps Akshara adjust the saree while chatting with her.

Akshara (grateful): "Thank you, Mumma. Aapke bina main toh gir hi jaati."

Naira lovingly fixes Akshara’s saree, making sure it’s perfect.

Naira: "Ab dekho, sab theek hai. Saree pehen na ek art hai, practice se hi aayegi."

Just then, Kairav and Vansh enter the room, holding sweets and firecrackers.

Kairav: "Akshu, yeh mithai aur patakhe le jao. Baahar bachche wait kar rahe hain."

Vansh (teasing): "Aur haan, sambhal ke chalna! Saree pehenke gir mat jaana!"

Akshara smiles at her brothers, takes the sweets and firecrackers, and heads outside to distribute them to the children.

Outside the Goenka Villa, the air is filled with festive cheer. Akshara distributes the sweets and firecrackers with a warm smile. Just then, Abhimanyu and Neel arrive in their car, stopping right in front of the villa.

Neil: "Bhai, lagta hai hum thoda late ho gaye. Sab log busy lag rahe hain."

Abhimanyu (eyes fixed on Akshara, smiling softly): "Koi baat nahi, Neil. Dekho, kitni pyaari lag rahi hai."

Abhimanyu gets out of the car, holding a hamper of gifts. His eyes remain on Akshara as she finishes distributing the sweets and turns to go inside. Just then, she trips, but before she can fall, Abhimanyu rushes forward and catches her.

Akshara (startled, looking up at Abhimanyu): "Oh! Tum... tum yahan?"

Abhimanyu (holding her gently, a smile playing on his lips): "Haan, aur agar main nahi aata toh tum gir jaati. Pehli baar saree pehen rahi ho?"

Akshara (blushing, trying to steady herself): "Haan, pehli baar... Thank you."

They both share a moment, their eyes locked, creating a romantic tension between them.

Neil (breaking the moment, with a playful tone): "Akshara, kya hame andar nahi bulaogi? Ya yahin khade rehne ka plan hai?"

Akshara, flustered, steps back and gestures towards the house.