Chapter 6

"So what's your plan? Going back?", asks Abhira while taking a sip from her orange juice, "No, going to be here only", Armaan replies with sincerity, "Wow, great! How's the job?" "Alhamdulillah good, I am trying to learn" "Which you will In Sha Allah", Abhira says with a smile and Armaan smiles back, that's when Afshan comes, "Hey guys! How are you two!", she hugs Abhira and smiles towards Armaan, "Armaan, what's with Rifa? I am calling her from last 2 days and no response", she asks and Abhira looks at both of them with curiosity, "Actually she is a bit busy, the procedure of leaving for Australia is going on and", Riad answers, "Australia? I didn't understand, Armaan is here and now Rifa is leaving, what's going on?", Afshan asks with confusion, "Afshan yaar, please! Not today, the cultural segment is going to start now, come na", Riad drags Afshan with him.

"Rifa and you are together?", Abhira's voice brings him back to reality, just a moment ago he got to know that Rifa is leaving the country, she didn't contact him for once, nothing, is this all so easy for her? If this was what she wanted then why did stay with him for all these years?
"Armaan? Are you alright?", he looks at her and realizes she is calling him, "Hmm? You asked something?" "You are fine?" "Yeah, what were you asking?" "Rifa and you?" "Oh yeah, our matter is complicated actually, I myself don't know what's between us", he says by looking far away, the evening breeze is making his all set hair messy, "I am sorry yaar, I shouldn't have asked you" "It's completely fine, let's go towards the main venue".

When both of them reach the venue, a duo song was being sung by their two friends, Abhira remembers how much she loves this song actually, all her childhood she used to dance on this song and then boom, she just forgot about this, so many things change over time na? Then one day you meet with your past and the nostalgia hits hard.
"Akashe batashe chol shathi ure jai chol dana mele re", she starts humming with the tone.

"You remember? We used to dance on this song", she excitedly asks Armaan, "Not us but you, and you used to force everyone to join you which I never did", he says as a matter of fact, "Rude", hearing her complaints, he laughs remembering the old days. Days were innocent, full of fun, purity but where did those days go? When you grow up why do you loose that essence?

It's already late and time to go back to the regular phase of life, meeting with everyone is for sure giving them the best feeling but at the time of leaving? A weird sadness is visible in everyone's face.

"Armaan? As you are here now, why don't bring uncle aunty to our place some day? Ammu Baba will be so happy to meet with them after so long", Armaan realizes that she is right, their parents used to very good friends even more than themselves, also they became friends only because of their parents, "You are right! I will come some day" "Not some day Armaan, soon! Okay?" "Okay done Abhira, how are you going home?" "With Shimu" "If you want I can drop you, and then can get your address as well" "We are still at the same place", she says with a smile, "Seriously? Even after so many years?" "Yeah, I love my area and don't have any wish to move from there as well", she says with emotion and adds, "But yeah, it was so long when you came there, so it's so natural that you must have forgotten, so yeah we can go together" "It's completely fine Abhira, I know we've met after years and it must be awkward for you as well, I shouldn't have said that I will drop you" "Oh come on Armaan, what are you saying? We are friends and that too from childhood and and and our families are friends way before us, so please", she says with a bossy vibe, "You are still the same", he says with a laugh, "Well not completely, but yeah the soul is same"

So how's the chapter guys? 😊