Chapter 1- Struggle of dreams

I was so anxious to open the email, it felt like there was a knot in my stomach. My heart was racing a million miles a minute. I really want to get the role. Of course, after millions and millions of rejections just because of your ugly appearance, you feel like giving up. Well, that's what I felt like at least. The last thing I want to see in my inbox is a whole paragraph from the casting director saying, I'm sorry Sadie Davidson, we just felt like you did not reach the appropriate beauty standards for this role, blah blah blah. I felt like I was too ugly to become an actress. I felt like I would never make it in the entertainment industry. See, here's the thing. I've been living in Salt Lake City Utah, my whole life with my parents and my two younger teenage brothers Jax and Eli. My dream is to move to Los Angeles and become a well-known actress. I've been trying to make my dream become a reality ever since I was little, and that started with me taking acting class, and participating in theatre. I'm 20 years old now, and I honestly just want my big break. Especially if I get the main role, or at least a small part for this horror and thriller film I auditioned for. So, before I checked the email to see what the casting director said, I called my family into the living room.
"Mom, dad, Jax, Eli!! Get in here please, it's important!!" I shouted. I then heard my two brothers slam their video game controllers down, and rush downstairs like a cheetah. My mom and dad came from upstairs as well, and they sat around the living room table along with Jax, Eli, and I.
"What do you want now?" Jax whined. "Is it one of the roles that you auditioned for that you got rejected from, for the millionth time again?" Jax said as he rolled his eyes, while looking at me in a sassy way.
"Jax quit it. Don't say that to your sister," my mom said.
I sighed; "I hope not this time. It's crazy that I've been rejected from many roles just because of my appearance and how I look."
My dad came and comforted me. "I know kiddo. It isn't easy, but just know in our eyes, you are the most beautiful girl in the world."
"Thanks dad," I said. "You're the best." I then noticed Eli was sitting there bored out of his mind.
"So Sadie, what's up? Why are we here right now? Tell us the important news so I can get back to playing Fortnite, I'm on a streak. Plus, the boys are waiting."
I chuckled. "Ok, ok. So basically, I recently auditioned for this horror/thriller film called The Dark, and I've had a few callbacks. However, today I received an email to see if I made the role. I auditioned for the main character. So, like the lead role of the film.
"Omg Sadie that's amazing!" Mom said excitedly. I am ready to see what it says, are you?"
I nervously laugh under my breath. "Yeah a little, but still kind of nervous."
"Here," my dad exclaimed. How about this, Sadie close your eyes while your brothers and your mom and I read the email first, then we'll tell you what it says."
"Oh ok."