My Muse, Even After Everything

Mentions of hyperventilating, anxiety, breakups

Music is a way that people express themselves. They use it to showcase their emotions, their background, their goals, their life. To express if their feeling down, angry, excitement, happiness, any emotion. To showcase where they are from, their experiences, their goals and dreams, and where they are meant to be.

Music is a way that people can connect with others. Sharing experiences, hobbies, likes and dislikes, and even views on topics. Sharing what they have gone through, how their life has been. Sharing what they love to do and their coping mechanisms. Connecting with people through their interests whether it be books, the rain, technology, anything and everything can be connected by music.

Music is its own unique langauge. Music has its own words, its own phrases, it's own sound, and rhythm. Music is what connected me to me.

However, in some cases, music can destroy relationships. Music can be so beautiful and make you leave reality behind. But it can also ruin the things you treasure most. It definitely became Keith's escape, but also became the reason why Keith no longer has a boyfriend and moved back to South Korea.

During the peak of high school, Keith was determined to become an idol. He wanted to sing and express himself through music. He wanted to change the industry in South Korea and fix the way companies treated their idols. Keith want to show the world that they were not alone, that deep down everyone is a broken clock. That even broken items can one day be fixed. Keith had a dream that he was determined to follow, while his boyfriend at the time, Lance, didn't seem too fond of.

Lance was a chill relaxed guy. He was outgoing and loved showing off his boyfriend. But, he never wanted to share him. If Keith became an idol, there was a high chance his company wouldn't allow him to date. Let alone express that he was gay. He didn't want to share his boyfriend with a bunch of random people. Lance felt as if Keith would be taken away from him. Lance hated the idea. This differences on the topic led to too many fights and late night arguments.

Eventually when they broke up senior year, right before graduation,. Lance couldn't handle sharing Keith, so he made the decision not to. To give him up. He wanted Keith to be with him, but Keith had different plans and Lance wasn't sure he would be able to handle those plans. So, he withdrew himself from Keith's life before he was forced out.

Keith was left heartbroken and couldn't function for weeks on end. Day of Graduation he was barely able to get out of bed. It was all thanks to Pidge and his brother Shiro fixing him up. Pidge did his makeup and dressed him in colors that complemented him. Shiro fixed up his hair and made him delicious food to eat.

When Keith walked the stage, Lance knew Keith was going to be a perfect idol. Keith looked flawless and his skin shined beautifully in the sunset. His eyes never left the crowd, and his smile drew people in. His voice was smooth like honey and deep with a hint of sarcasm laced in. Lance knew Keith was going to make it in the industry. And hated himself for not being able to agree with Keith's life plans. He just, couldn't.

.

.

.

.

.

"Keith you look like shit man." "Geez thanks. I just love when you complement me." Keith said sarcastically. Shiro laughed as he entered the dance room. Keith was a sweating mess, his shirt was damp from the sweat, hair sticking to his for head, and his eyes all droopy due to being tired from all the practicing he has been doing. "I don't mean it like in a bad way. It's just, you have been practing almost 24/7, there has to be time for a break." Shiro handed Keith a towel. Keith thanked him and wiped his face. "There will be time for relaxation after the tour. I have to be perfect for the fans." "But you already are. You are literally a famous rookie all over Korea, as a solo might I add! That's already a huge accomplishment! Most solos don't get this big this fast, you are even beating the record for actual groups!" Keith looked away from Shiro, "Don't you think it's sad though. . .?" "How so?" "I sing about heartbreak and losing the lover you loved most. So many people relate to me. I find it sad. . ." Shiro sighed softly before speaking. "You write about your feelings for Lance and your experiences about relationships. It might be sad how many relate to the tragic side of things, however you should be glad that people can relate to you. You help them not feel alone in their experiences, you give them a safe place, someone who can relate to their feelings and hope to move on. It's sad, but it's also a blessing just how many people connect with your music, with you." Keith stared at Shiro, he never thought about it like that. He never realized just how many people can connect with him and his music. He wasn't alone, and neither were his fans.