19 - 𝘚𝘦𝘭𝘧-𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨

✦•┈๑⋯⋅𝓝𝓮𝔀𝓽⋯⋅๑┈•✦

Seeing Mila's face was enough to feel the heat of anger rising in me, making my jaw muscles twitch.

She winced in pain as my fingertips slightly touched her bruises.

"It's nothing." She averted her eyes from me.

"Nothing?" I couldn't help but scoff, cupping her face into my hand. "Mila he hit you, how is that nothing?!"

She pulled away from me and sat on the couch without another word.

Just then, Thomas entered the living room. I knew he was concerned for her. he always was.
But he knew cracking jokes at those moments was best for her.

"What's with your hair?"

Her eyes twinkled. "You like?"

"You should sue."

She shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Well I can't sue Minho, he's not a stylist."

"I'm messing with ya, it looks good." A smile formed on his face as he placed a kiss on my cheek and sat on the couch beside her. "Why so short though?"

She shrugged. "Why not?"

I did have a theory of why she cut it so short. And thinking about how she loved her long hair, made me more and more furious at my father.

Her eyes had a little hint of sadness, but she didn't show it.
She never did.

Realization hit me hard.

She always pretended to be fine when she wasn't because she thought I'd be disappointed.
Because I made myself clear that I wanted her to be better than me, and clearly she was already struggling when I told her that.

I was too focused on my own problems that I missed everything she struggled with.

"I'm gonna call Gally." She got up, leaving us in the living room.

I leaned against the wall with my back, unable to process everything that had happened.

I was out for one night.
It's like my parents took it as an opportunity to take their anger out on Mila.

"You don't blame yourself, do you?" Thomas looked at me, still sitting on the couch.

"How can I not? Did you see her face?" I snapped.

"It's not your fault that your parents are treating her like that."

"It is!" I didn't want to burst out, but I couldn't help it. "Do you know how easier her life would be in this house if I wasn't a difficult child?"

"Newt they would still find a reason to not love her. It's not about you being a difficult child, it's about them being terrible parents." He got up, getting closer to me.

He put both his hands on my shoulders, trying to convince me that it wasn't my fault.

I wanted to protest but I stopped as soon as I saw Mila entering the living room again.

"Can you take me to the theatre?"

"Yeah, sure." I softly pulled myself away from Tommy.

The drive was silent. I wanted to talk, but I knew she didn't.

"How was it at Minho's?"

"Eh.. good." She shrugged.

"Are you two still a thing now?"

"No."

"Okay."

Honestly, I wanted her to get back with Minho.
When she was around him, she always looked peaceful and happy.

I think she's able to talk about her problems with him. I don't like the fact that she's hiding stuff from me, but as long as she has someone to share those feelings to, I'm not that worried.

I saw a boy standing in front of the theatre. That must be Gally.

"Did you eat anything at Minho's?"

"Yeah."

Her answers were short, she wasn't looking at me and fidgeting with her fingers.

"You're lying."

She scoffed. "Why would I lie about that?"

I shrugged.

"You can ask Minho if you don't believe me. I don't care."

I knew her harsh response didn't had to do anything with me, but I couldn't stop blaming myself for what happened to her when I wasn't at home.

She slammed the door. Not hard, but definitely harder than normal. I tried to convince myself that she wasn't mad at me, but my mind was telling me something else.

We had the same family, yet her's was abusive and mine was.. loving.

I wish I could change that. I wish they would hate me instead of her.

She deserved a family who would love her, yet all she got was a household where no one appreciated her.

Not even me.

Heyyyy

I wanted this to be from Minho's POV but it was harder than I imagined, so I wrote this instead. Hope y'all liked it!

Anyway. Take care!!
Xx