Chapter 3

So while exploring Darkwood, I found out what to do. Under normal circumstances I couldn't interact with anything, but I could make an artificial body with surrounding grass and training dummies. I could operate it in 2 ways. First was possessing it like a ghost and second was staying out of the body but puppeteering it with telekinesis. Both had pros and cons, possession gave me better control since I was actually in the body but used up more energy, and puppeteering it used less energy but gave me less control. Since I was in Darkwood, the easiest of the Bishop's lairs, I went with possession for my first run since I could afford to use up energy. I didn't want to catch Leshy's attention so I didn't go to fight Amdusias, but did hack and slash the monsters and the cultists who saw me. I also met some of the NPCs. Haro gave me a speech about how there used to be many gods and that they eventually disappeared.

"I can sense the great power within you, take these stone fragments to create your commandments," he said before flying off.

Clauneck was in the next room.

"You have arrived, as foretold by the cards.

Beware the ghost of another world.

For he will be granted immense power.

His allies will have good fortune unfurled.

And his enemies luck will turn sour.

Though in the beginning he will lack control.

Once mastered he will complete his goal.

I am curious to see how the future will unfold. Until then, take these cards, for they will help you on your journey."

"I thank you for your assistance, Clauneck," I said before taking a card and leaving.

The card I got gave made it so I took less damage, basically instead losing 1 heart, I lost half. I made to the room right before the mini boss, then left with my haul. I got the gold I was looking for, some meat from slain monsters, and the usual grass, berries, and stone. When I got back, I saw Bree sleeping and a pile of harvested wood and stone. I got to building a shrine so I could gather devotion, the statue resembled Shade. It looked like it made from obsidian and had its' arms out in a welcoming gesture. A blue aura surrounded it, and green lights were coming out the face. Overall pretty nice and accurate to how I drew Shade. 

It instantly absorbed what I guessed was the devotion Bree had felt the whole time she was here, I went to interact with it and the options popped up

It instantly absorbed what I guessed was the devotion Bree had felt the whole time she was here, I went to interact with it and the options popped up. The only one available was temple, and once I unlocked it farming and beds became available. Bree's devotion only gave me enough for 1, and since there was already food I went with beds. I made one and tucked her in, then went to bed myself. The next day Bree was still asleep by the time I woke up, that's ok, just means breakfast would already be ready for when she woke up. The only good meals I could make right now were the Hearty Meat Broth and the Basic Berry Bowl. I went out to the lake to get some fish, this time making my body look like a giant piranha, to snag as many fish as possible. For fun I decided to mess with The Fisherman by biting his line, pulling him in, swimming up below him, and disappearing right as I was about to chomp down on him.

"By the gods! What was that enormous beast?" he questioned.

When I got back Bree was awake and praying to the statue, hoping this would let me communicate with her I approached and spoke.

"I'm back. And I brought all different kinds of fish for consumption." I said.

"My lord, is that you?" she asked.

"Yep, and by the way, my name's Shade. As of now I'm a ghost with no physical form, and thus can only interact with you either indirectly or through inanimate objects. I could possibly communicate through a living vessel, but that could possibly have negative consequences for said vessel. So this will have to do for now." I answered.

"I see. Tell me, what will you have me do?" she asked.

"For now, feel free to just relax. I will be traveling to Darkwood for resources and potential followers, but before I do," I cooked up some seafood dishes, "Here's food for when I'm gone."

I went back and did another run through, but most of the resources were already taken up. Eventually I reached a Sacrificial Chamber, where The Lamb was fighting Leshy's Followers. A cow and hedgehog were tied up, with said hedgehog about to be stabbed, so I intervened and stabbed the cultist with my claws. I tossed the body at another enemy about to attack The Lamb from behind, who fished them off.

"Thank you for the assistance, might I ask who are you? And what are you? You look like a walking shadow." The Lamb, apparently male here, asked.

"I'm Shade, a ghost, I came looking through Darkwood for resources and followers. I recently started a cult," I responded.

"As have I! Perhaps we could help each other out?" he bargained.

"Perhaps....but as of now I know nothing about you. So I am indecisive." I said.

"Well, I don't mind offering resources. Have some!" he said as my inventory magically filled up more.

"Thanks. What about these 2?" I pointed towards the would be sacrifices.

"You saved my life, I'll join your cult and follow your teachings faithfully!" the hedgehog told me.

"And I will follow you! Majestic Lamb." the cow said.

Me and The Lamb looked at each other before nodding in agreement, he portaled the cow away while I caused the hedgehog to melt into shadows. Just then Leshy appeared and paralyzed us both.

"So Little Lamb, you have met with The Ghost of Another World. Don't think he can help you." He then turned towards me, "Ghost, side with us Bishops of Old Faith. I can guarantee a more favorable outcome than should you choose to side with the Red Crown. Think on my offer." he said before disappearing.

"That....was.....terrifying.....I've never felt such intimidation before." I said.

"How exactly does he know you?" The Lamb asked suspiciously.

"Ask Clauneck, he'll tell you what you need to know. I got a follower I need to indoctrinate." I said before leaving.

(Note: When he leaves the body he was using goes into his inventory, so its like he just disappears)