Chapter 5

At the Temple the next day I announced my newly discovered powers.

"Attention everyone, I have recently discovered I have the ability to traverse the Dream Realm. Now, I respected your privacy and didn't intervene. However, if you desire, I can enter your dreams and change them to whatever you please."

Bree and the other 2 cheered and started shouting their requests.

"Calm down everyone, you don't have to tell me now. Tell me tonight when I visit your dreams."

They all cheered, I got the energy from their worship, and dismissed them. I was planning on meeting The Lamb, so I waited in Darkwood. Hopefully by the time I got back I'd have enough devotion to unlock the Farmer Station and Seed Silo, helps if my followers can work on growing food.

"Let's see: claws, swords, axes, daggers, and hammers. I prefer weapons that can slice and dice so hammers are out. Axes are powerful but I only really need them for bosses and enemies with a lot of health/armor. Daggers might've been my go to when I was still just viewing this through a screen, but now not so much. That just leaves 2, I'll alternate between them during this run and see what I like better."

"I personally prefer the sword." The Lamb said, teleporting in.

"Just the mammal I wanted to see." I said.

"I wanted to meet up too, discuss an alliance between us. Along with something else." he responded.

"Good, good, I wanted to discuss that too. But let's wait till after this crusade." I said.

Some sword slashes, claw swipes, and mega punches later, we arrived at the room just outside the boss arena. I switched to axes to deal more damage.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yes, let's continue." The Lamb said.

We went through the door, but instead of Valefar, Leshy and the other 3 Bishops were there.

"Hello there Ghost, we wish to speak with you," Kallamar said.

Shamura then added, "Peacefully of course, we're seeking diplomacy."

Me and The Lamb looked at each other in panic.

"No way we can fight all 4 of them at once, if they're not hostile I'd rather not risk angering them," I said.

"You can't trust them, I know them better than you do," The Lamb responded.

"We wish you no harm Little Ghost, we just wish to exchange a few words," Heket said.

Technically, I did know the Bishops. While I didn't exactly trust them, I didn't 100% trust The Lamb either since they didn't have a set personality I could go off of since their behavior was dependent on the player. At least with these 4 I had some idea of what to expect. The whole reason I wanted an alliance with The Lamb was because of the whole "killing 4 gods thing(5 if you don't spare Narinder after beating him)", and I really didn't want someone with that power as an enemy. That's the reason why I didn't even try entering his dreams, I didn't want to risk him somehow detecting me and becoming suspicious of me for spying on his dreams. Sure there was the prophecy, but that still didn't comfort me. Just because whoever my enemies were would lose doesn't mean they can't leave some lasting damage. I had to be smart about this. I could go with the Bishops, say I'd wait to see who was worth joining sides with, hope that they'd agree, and when Leshy is killed confirm that I side with The Lamb since they proved themselves. But a small part of me did think of the possibility of The Lamb betraying me after killing everyone, I internally sighed. Decisions, decisions, this is just too much.