Chapter 4 : 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐥

The car showroom buzzed with activity as a steady stream of potential buyers flowed in and out, their eyes wide with excitement as they took in the gleaming vehicles on display. Salespeople, dressed sharply in their uniforms, navigated the showroom floor with practiced ease, engaging with customers and highlighting the features of the latest models.

The air was filled with the hum of conversations, the occasional beep of a car alarm, and the scent of new leather and polished metal, creating an atmosphere charged with anticipation and possibility.

In the midst of all the usual in and out of the people in showroom , it was a homely ambience in the owners office.
Jeongguk after getting blatantly rejected in the parking lot was sittinng in the attached room at the back of Yoongi's office.

There were some couches seated at the middle of the room with a glass table at the middle. There was a small fridge at one corner storing some juices , drinks etc , a coffee machine and some small refreshments.

Jeongguk and hoseok was just going on with their usual banter which really consisted of total bullshit when Jimin arrived there. He was carrying a bag which looked like it consisted of food. Yoongi was just doing some last minute work in his office before he would also join the rest in the back room.

"Woah! What is this aroma?? Have you brought food??"

Watching the excitement of both the friends, Jimin chuckled .
"Hello to you too and Yes I've brought lunch."

Hoseok squealed in happiness, " Aww but Yoongi hyung has to stay starved for today because his lunch is going to be ours now."

Sitting on one of the couches, Jimin uttered ,
"Don't worry I've brought for all of you. Yoongi called me and said that both of you are here."

Jeongguk lightly smacked hoseok's head , "Jimin Hyung you are my favourite brother-in-law."

Now this was Jimin's turn to smack jeongguk's head, "I'm your only brother-in-law."

Jeongguk gave a smile showing his bunny teeth, "Even if I had hundreds, you would still be my favourite."

Jimin handed the plate to Jeongguk served with the food, "Okay enough of buttering me. Now start eating. Yoongi will join us in a few minutes."
He handed another plate to Hoseok.
"Also you had gone to meet Taehyung right? What happened?"

Jeongguk stopped middle bite with an instant sour expression on his face. Hoseok burst out laughing ,
"Nothing happened other than Jeongguk getting rejected in the parking lot."

Jeongguk gave a dead glare to Hoseok which did nothing to lessen his laughter.
"You should have seen his face. He-
Okay sorry sorry."
Hoseok stopped when he saw jeongguk getting up from his seat.

In between all this none saw yoongi entering the room.
Taking his place beside Jimin , he said with an amused laugh,
"So? He left you stranded in the parking lot?"

Jeongguk had an awkward smile on his face,
"He must be feeling shy because I spoke to him directly."

Hoseok gave a scoff at that, "Stop lying. He clearly rejected you on your face."

"And how do you know that?? Were you there with me when we were talking?"

Hoseok patted jeongguk's shoulder sympathetically, "oh Jeongguk-ah I might not have read books that much but I know how to read your expressions well."

Jeongguk swatted hoseok's hands.

Yoongi accepted the plate offered to him and gave Jimin an appreciative smile,
"But it's a good thing you know he is not interested. Now just forget him and move on."