9. Family

Rohit started wrapping the jacket around Ishan's wound and Ishan let out a scream. Hardik held Ishan's arms down and Ishan started flailing his legs around to push him away. Shubman upon hearing this scream tried to make his way towards them but Virat held him back. Hardik put his legs around Ishan's holding him in place so he couldn't get away. Rohit started squeezing the wound harder and Ishan's screams echoed the place.

"STOP IT."
Shubman closed his eyes shut but Ishan's painful screams were twisting his gut. He couldn't stand hearing them. Virat held Shubman tighter as Shubman bawled in Virat's arms. Ishan's screams and cries only grew louder as Rohit squeezed his wound.
"please leave me"
Ishan mumbled softly looking at Hardik with tears continously running down his face.

Hardik was in tears holding him down and Shubman sobbed out loud in Virat's arms.
"ple- please stop, it hu- hurts."
Ishan said now looking at Rohit, directly in his eyes and cried.
Rohit himself was crying but he maintained his composure focusing on the wound. Yash couldn't even look at them and had turned around. It was too painful for all of them.

Seeing Ishan like that was breaking their heart. They all blamed themselves. Rohit and Hardik pondered upon how they should've made him stay at home, because he was already sick. Virat felt like a bad leader for not ordering Ishan to sit this one out despite figuring out he was sick. Yash had blamed himself for being reckless. He thought he shouldn't have taken Ishan's bullet proof vest, it was all because of his stupidity that Ishan was in this place.

While Shubman was a mess. He felt guilty and broken. He couldn't believe that the person he had hurt so badly, had just risked his life to save Shubman's and it was his fault for being stupid and running towards Ishan without any cover. All of them cried along with Ishan, feeling the guilt inside them increasing minute by minute, as they heard Ishan's screams of agony.

Ishan was on the verge on unconsciousness and Rohit tried to keep him awake. He kept mumbling,
"hurts" and it just broke everyone's heart completely. Soon, Ishan passed out due to the pain and exhaustion. The ambulance had arrived and Ishan was taken in.
"Only two people are allowed to travel inside the ambulance."
Shubman stepped forward wanting to go with Ishan but Virat held him back.

Rohit and Hardik sat inside the ambulance and when it drove off, Shubman pushed Virat away harshly.
"YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT."
"They are his family Shubman. They deserved to go."
"I USED TO BE THE ONLY FAMILY HE HAD."
"BUT YOU LET HIM GO! Now do you want to stand here and keep arguing or do you want to get inside that car and follow them?"

Just then a car screeched away and they realized it was Yash who had drove away in one of their cars. Shubman quickly sat inside the other along with Virat and ordered their driver to drive.

"Hardik hardik.. shaant ho ja"
Rohit made hardik sit on the waiting chairs. Ishan had just been rolled in the operation theatre, his fever was soaring. Thankfully the wound was not bleeding.
"Me-Mera chotu, bhai"
Hardik just continued to sob.
Rohit sighed in defeat before pulling Hardik in a hug.

"Shant ho ja, mera baccha.. He's going to be fine"
Rohit gently whispered.
"We're here for him aren't we?"
Rohit started.
"We'll make sure he's fine okay?"
Rohit sighed.
He heard feet padding on the floor and he looked up to find Virat, Yashasvi and Shubman.

"How.. How's he?"
Yash croaked, slowly walking towards Rohit. The poor boy looked so shaken.
"He's going to be fine"
Rohit spoke pulling Yashasvi with his other hand and hugging him as well.
"I'm sorry"
Yash was crying now.
"Why are you crying now?"
Hardik hicupped.

"He-he gave me his vest and because of me-"
"No no! It was his choice and also his job, Yash.. Ishu would never forgive himself if you got injured.. Trust me he will not be angry with you.."
Rohit smiled.
"Pakka na, Bhaiyya?"
The boy looked up.

"Yes.. Just get him ice cream"
Rohit attempted to lighten the environment and it worked. Yash and Hardik smiled a bit.

"Ishan Kishan's family?"
The doctor called out.
Rohit and Hardik rushed towards the doctor almost pouncing on him.
"How is he?"
They asked at the same time.
"He's.. Fine now.. We don't really know when he will wake up.. But he's out of danger..."
The doctor spoke cautiously knowing one wrong word and he would loose his job or even life.

"We are moving him to the VIP section, 30 mins more and you'll be able to see him."
The doctor finished quickly and went in the OT again.
'VIP section?', Rohit wondered.
"Sir?"
The doctor approached them again.
"Details..."
The man nervously continued.

"Harry, go."
Rohit told him.
"But-"
"Harry, bache.. You'll see him don't worry. Just go right now"
Rohit gently persuaded him.
"Okay"
Hardik walked away, grumpily.
Not even after 2 mins Hardik had gone away, the doctor allowed them in the room.

Rohit couldn't control his urges anymore, he rushed in the room followed by the other.
"Ishu!"
Rohit rushed towards the bed.
Rohit felt his eyes tear up, looking at his kid so silent.
He raised his hand towards Ishan's face, gently tracing his face before he finally started caressing Ishan's hair, Ishan's face was covered with the oxygen mask.

"You'll be fine, mera baccha"
He sniffled.
Rohit was about to say something, before he heard the door close with frenzy.
"Okay I cannot wait anymore"
He heard virat.
"What do you want?"
He asked dragging the chair near Ishan's bed.

"Shub. Sit down."
Virat grit his teeth, notifying everyone that he was in no mood of messing around. Shubman immediately sat on the spare bed without a word.
"Now that Hardik's not here. Tell me, what went down between you two?!"
He asked looking at Shubman.

________________________________________

Moonstone_Alpha is kind of evil 😈
Thank God she has me ;)