11. Regained consciousness

"Hardik.. Come one.. You need to eat"
Rohit whispered. It was like an everyday routine for Hardik. He would just sit beside Ishan's bed and stare at him. Or would fall asleep keeping his head on Ishan's stomach, holding Ishan's hand tightly.
"Yash.. Will you wait till we come back..?"
He asked the boy who had just entered.

"Yeah, sure! Why would I not bhaiya?"
Yash smiled.
"Come on, Harry!"
Rohit gently pulled him out of the room. Shub entered right after on his tippy toes, quietly looking inside the room breathing in relief, when he saw it was only Yash. He walked towards the bed where his love lay. He had visited Ishan consecutively for the last few days and not once had his eyes not teared up.

He just could not get over the fact that Ishan had sacrificed himself just to save Shubman's life. The same Shubman who had hurt him terribly. The same Shubman because of whom, Ishan had left the city and blocked all means of contact. He sniffled wiping his eyes. He didn't want to cry more. Who was he kidding.. He was still going to cry anyways.

"Hey, Ishu.."
He whispered.
"Please come back, meri jaan... I'm really sorry... I miss you."
The same sentence, the same emotions.
"Pleaseee"
He whispered again.
They were distracted by the heart monitor beeping loudly.
"Call Rohit bhai! I'll call the doctor."

Saying this Shubman rushed out of the room and Yash immediately fished out his phone dialing Rohit's number.
A doctor had been rushed to the room immediately checking Ishan's vitals, while he checked Ishan's consciousness returning, blinking his eyes, squinting them tightly when the doctor flashed a torch in his eyes.

"He's fine, with regular dressing, medicines and rest, he'll make a full recovery."
Shubman thanked the doctor and turned to see Yash helping Ishan sit up and helping him drink water and then put the oxygen mask back on. He could see Ishan smile slightly, leaning on the headrest.
"Chotu!"
Shubman was pushed away harshly, as hardik entered the room.

"Ishu!"
Rohit followed suit rushing towards Ishan.
"Bhaiya"
Ishan mumbled smiling slightly as Hardik immediately sat on the bed.
"Chotu"
Hardik leaned in, gently kissing Ishan's forehead and caressing his hair.
"Abey ab bohot ho gaya! Mereko bhi woh karna hai"
Rohit said pushing Hardik.

"Woh kya, Bhaiya?"
Yash snorted.
"Arey yar! Woh woh"
Rohit grunted thinking of ways to explain, before he decided to just do the action. He had just seated himself besides Ishan, and Ishan immediately leaned in to hug him, before recoiling with a hiss.
"Arey! Tu kyu hil raha hai? Pagal wagal ho gaya hai kya!?"
Rohit smacked his head.

"Harry bhai, see he's hitting me."
Ishan whined weakly.
Hardik just made a 'I'm done' face and then smacked Ishan's head again.
"Bhaiyaaaaaa"
Ishan whined looking at both of them, using his doe eyes as a weapon.
"Okay, drama mat kar!"
Rohit smiled before leaning in, himself, and enveloping Ishan in his embrace and soon Hardik and Yash also joined them.

"I missed you, Ishu.. I'm so thankful you're back.. I don't even know how you handle this guy."
Rohit gestured towards Hardik.
"He was fine before he met you.. But after he's met you he becomes crazyyyyyy.. And no, I'm not lying! As much as this guy's your brother, he acted like a total maniac without you!" Rohit completed his rant and Ishan giggled.

Ishan Just looked around the room before landing on the guy who had claimed his heart.
And broken it.

*I hate you, Ishan!*
"Why are you here?"
He asked looking at Shubman, his hands starting to tremble.
"Ishu?"
Rohit questioned, following Ishan's gaze.

*You're just a liar!*
"Still think I'm lying? Want me to work?"
Ishan's eyes were tearing up now.
Shubman's hurt face just infuriated him more.
"Oh"
He chuckled dryly.

"Right.. I'm nothing without you."
Ishan was visibly shaking and trembling now.
"Do you want me to walk? Or stand up? Work? So you can throw something?" Ishan had tears streaming down his eyes by now.

"AY. Shabnam. Nikal."
Was all Hardik uttered and Shubman immediately fled the room, his heart breaking even more. Had he hurt Ishan so much that even after five years he would still have tears streaming down his face after remembering what had happened? Still recall all the hurtful things Shubman had said, word by word?

"Hey hey it's fine"
Rohit pulled Ishan's head towards his shoulder, rubbing his palm on Ishan's back soothing him.
"Bhaiya"
He sniffled pushing his head more in Rohit's shoulder.
"It's fine, Ishu.. He's gone now.. He won't hurt you now.. Calm down baccha"
Rohit gently soothed him kissing the top of his head.

"Harry, help me"
Rohit looked towards Hardik, noticing Ishan's movements starting to be sluggish. Both of them helped Ishan lay down properly, and Hardik took the chair and seated himself beside Ishan's head. He hummed a gentle tune and started patting Ishan's hair gently, and Ishan was out in no time.
"Hey, Ishu.. I'm so sorry"
Shubman whispered.

He had come after he was sure everyone would be asleep. He had made sure to be extremely quiet, otherwise he would probably be kicked out again. Rohit had taken place on the spare bed, and Hardik had fallen asleep near Ishan as usual. Yash was sleeping on the chair. As the days passed Shubman did not appear in the room. Atleast not when Ishan and others were awake.

He would stare at Ishan through the glass door as he interacted with others. He would be sure to stir clear of Hardik and Rohit, but other than that he had made friends with random staff members and patients due to his constant visiting. Hardik and Rohit were always present near Ishan as well, but they were always in his room, and since that meant Shubman couldn't meet Ishan, he had lots of free time.

Not that he would visit Ishan if they weren't present either. Not after what happened the last time. He couldn't face him. He would rather talk to Ishan's peaceful sleeping figure, than see that look in Ishan's eyes again.

________________________________________

Sorry for the late update! (late?)