I Created an Airplane Because Why Not?? It's Not Here

Kenta stood on the observation deck of the Empire State Building, his gaze fixed on the distant horizon. New York City had become a bustling metropolis, a testament to the power of dreams and determination. But Kenta's mind was always racing with new ideas, new innovations that could push the boundaries of what was possible in this world.

As he watched the sun set over the city, a thought struck him—a thought that would take their progress to new heights, quite literally. "Air travel," he muttered to himself, a smile spreading across his face. The kingdoms were vast, and while horses, carts, and even the cars he had introduced were practical, they couldn't compete with the convenience and speed of flight.

The idea of building an airplane excited him. Not only would it revolutionize transportation, but it would also bring his cities—Tokyo and New York—closer together. The technology was unheard of in this world, and the mere thought of it sparked Kenta's imagination.

Without wasting any time, he gathered his team of engineers, mages, and inventors. They met in his study, the room filled with a palpable sense of anticipation.

"I have a new project," Kenta began, his eyes gleaming with excitement. "We're going to build an airplane."

There was a moment of stunned silence before Aiden spoke up. "An airplane? Like the ones from your previous world?"

"Exactly," Kenta replied. "We'll need to build airports in both Tokyo and New York, and create an airplane that can travel between them. It'll be faster than anything we have now, and it will change the way we travel and communicate."

Elara, always the practical one, raised an eyebrow. "It's an ambitious project, Kenta. But if anyone can do it, it's you."

Kenta nodded. "I know it's a challenge, but I believe we can do it. We have the knowledge, the skills, and the resources. Let's get to work."

The first step was to design the airplane. Kenta spent hours drawing up blueprints, incorporating elements from the aircraft he remembered from Earth. He worked closely with his team, explaining the principles of aerodynamics, propulsion, and flight mechanics.

They faced many challenges along the way. The materials needed to be strong yet lightweight, capable of withstanding the forces of flight. They experimented with various alloys and reinforced them using magic. The engines were another major hurdle, but Kenta's knowledge of internal combustion engines, combined with the magical enhancements, led to a breakthrough.

As they worked, the excitement grew. Word spread throughout the cities, and people gathered to watch the progress. The idea of flying seemed like something out of a fairy tale, and the citizens of New York and Tokyo were eager to see if their leader could make this dream a reality.

While the airplane was being constructed, Kenta also oversaw the development of the airports. He selected locations on the outskirts of both cities, ensuring that there was ample space for runways, terminals, and hangars.

In Tokyo, the airport was designed with sleek, modern architecture, blending traditional Japanese aesthetics with contemporary design. The runways were long and smooth, lined with lights that would guide the airplanes during takeoff and landing.

In New York, the airport reflected the city's vibrant energy. The terminal was a bustling hub, filled with shops, restaurants, and lounges. The runways stretched out like silver ribbons, ready to welcome the new era of air travel.

After months of hard work, the day of the first flight finally arrived. The airplane, a sleek, silver machine with powerful wings and a streamlined body, stood on the runway, gleaming in the sunlight. Kenta and his team had poured their hearts and souls into this project, and now it was time to see if their efforts would pay off.