XV

"What color are you guys thinking about doing?" Sylvia asks as we walk into this little boutique.

"It's up to you Jo." Alex says.

My favorite color is purple so it's only right that Alex and I do a purple theme.

I remember for Alex prom he did an emerald green and black theme with his girlfriend at the time and the other couples that were going with him were dressed in colors that matched them.

"I want a purple dress." I state. "Like a light purple, and Alex you can do same color tie with a grey suit." I didn't even know if our outfits would look good together, but I have an idea in mind and i have a feeling that it'll turn out okay.

"Okay, well let's start with finding your dress first then we'll find something for Alex." Sylvia walks ahead of us and leads us to the dress area.

"Can't you just pick that one, or that one, or any of the ones you've already tried on?" Alex says with an aggravated sigh. 

So we've kinda been in here for a while. I thought this was gonna be a lot quicker but every dress I try on, I hate.

I either hate the way I look in it or hate the way it fits. And if it looks good then I hate how uncomfortable I feel in it.

I feel like I'm on an episode of say yes to the dress with Alex and Sylvia sitting outside of my changing room waiting for me to come back out with yet another dress.

"Here Jo, try on this." Sylvia says as she got up and grab another dress but from a different area than where we were getting them before.

I tried to avoid going over there because i know they would be more expensive.

"I saw this and I thought you would look really nice in it. Plus it's lilac. Your favorite color." She smiles and hands me the dress.

I smile back at her and take the dress from her. The dresses I have been trying on have either been too dark or too light. None of the colors I like.

I know I said light purple but I didn't mean lavender. I mean more of a lilac. And the dress Sylvia gave to me is just that color with a beautiful flower design on it.

It made my heart melt that she remembered the my favorite color. I remember when I was younger, she was trying to get to know me better so I showed her a shirt that I had of the exact purple I like. Till this day she still remembers.

I know it's small but it really means a lot to me.

I went back into my dressing room, taking off the awful dress I had on. It wasn't that bad but it just wasn't really me.

Aka it was bad.

As I go to put on the dress Sylvia picked out for me I received a text message.

Unknown: having troubles I heard.

Of course alex texted Harry. He's probably still texting him complaining on how long I am taking.

Me: Yes I am.

Me: Nothing looks good.

Unknown: Well let me see.

Me: I took everything off already.

Unknown: Now I definitely want to see.

Me: Stop it. Be good.

I chuckled at Harry's message and after hitting send to my message I threw my phone on the chair so I could actually try on the dress.

As I stepped into the dress I could already tell it was the one.