4.

SITA

"They are husband and wife" these words echoed in my ear, what? I quickly turned around just to found, Devika.
What she just said? She's mad. Why she said me and this man was husband and wife? I didn't even knew him.

"Devika wha-" before I could finished, again Devika cutted my words. "Haan sarpanch ji, yeh dono pati patni hai". What she's saying? why she's saying this things?

"Devika, stop. What are you saying? We are no-"

"They are husband and wife, they just got into a fight " Devika again shouted.

Hey bhagwan, what she's saying? I didn't even know this man. We were not in any kind of relationship. What the hell she's saying. No she need to stopped now.

I looked back at the man, his face was expressionless but the anger in his eyes were visible and those were fixed on Devika. No. He was facing all of these just because of me. I just asked for his help.

"Rajeev was forcing her, believe me Sarpanch ji. They are husband wife " Devika shouted. God. please. stop.

"No they are not" now Rajeev shouted.

"Are you going to stay silent like this?" The man spoke lowly, so only I could heard me. This is so embarassing. Why Devika said this things?

"Please, I'm sorry you are facing this things. Please just give me some times " I whispered as he put his hands in his pocket and stared at me.

I looked back at Devika and walked towards her. I grabbed her arm, pulled her in a corner.

"Devika, kya bol rahi hai tu? Main us admi ko jaanti Tak nahi. Tu yeh kya bol rahi hai " I asked as she shook her head.

"Sita, this is the only way to stop this everything. Once the villagers will leave, this man will take you to the station. But for now you have to save from Rajeev, he'll say a complete different story to everyone once you tried to stop him after we gone " Devika said slowly as she stared at me.

No. That doesn't mean that we had to introduced us husband and wife. We could tell the villagers the truth.

"Devika, don't think to tell the villagers the truth. It'll be dangerous for me and once the villagers will get to know that you are not married they'll take this things too far. What if they called police? It'll involve you so much.Please don't " Devika looked back at the crowd before looking back at me.

What the hell was happening. What if that man disagree?

"Devika, what if the man disagree?" Devika looked back at the man and shook her head.

"I'll talk to him" Devika walked towards the man and eventually I followed her. Now I'm feeling guilty. He got in this things just because of me.

"Can we talk for sometimes?" Devika asked as the man stared at me before nodding. Really I'm feeling so embarrassed.Devika motioned both of us in a little distance.

"I know you are facing so much problems, please can you just help us for this time?" Devika slowly as the man crossed his hands on his chest before nodding.

"Can you just pretend like you two are couple. Please. I know you shouldn't do any of these but just as a human, once you and the villagers will leave Rajeev will definitely do something bad. Please. Just take her to the station. Please " Devika spoke, pleadingly.