chapter 5: yamaguchis pov

its time for the best part of my day which is volleyball practice. me and tsuki head over to the locker room to change real quick. tsuki doesnt really like volleyball that much and if im being honest it angers me because despite him not trying or caring hes so good hes a starter. a starter! ive been practicing day and night and pushing myself to my limits but its still not good enough. in fact im the only first year whose not a starter. its pretty pathetic but ive come a long way and im now the main pinch server which is pretty good and im glad my work payed off. still i cant help but be so envious of how tsuki can just get away with putting in such little effort but being so good at it. but i suppose hes like that with everything like school etc. im the opposite. i wish i was like him more than anything. we head to the gym and start practicing serves, which are my specialty but for some reason im feeling worn out. i inhale then hit the ball but somethings wrong. it hit the net. it never hits the net. that hasnt happened since the inter high prelims. whats going on?? "tadashi! whats going on? that is not a serve i know you can do. chop chop kid!" coach yells out. shit this is embarrassing. i serve again which thankfully it goes over but barely. it was weak and not at all a serve i know im capable of doing. we move on to receives and im last to go. everyones watching me which i hate. i hate eyes on me. coach hits the ball and i go to receive but my legs aren't moving as fast as i want them to....why is this happening now?? i miss the ball. crap im really going to hear it now. "TADASHI PULL YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!! EVERYONES WAITING ON YOU!" coach yelled. and now as if things couldnt get worse i feel the tears filling my eyes. i wish i wasnt such a damn crybaby. suddenly i feel someones hand on my shoulder followed by a "coach he isnt feeling good today, why dont we take a break?" it was tsuki! "okay okay everyone take 5 but tadashi you better be ready to receive this." thank god. "yes sir!" i say and turn back to look at tsuki. "thank you so much tsuki! how did you know i wasnt feeling good?" i ask. "its simple really. i can tell whenever your feeling off." he answers. i felt my heart burst out of my chest and my cheeks became hot. "tsuki i...." i start "save it." he exclaims "just get some water so you feel better." i smiled and went to get water. practice ended and i didnt do too well. i dont know whats wrong with me today. im in the locker room now. huh i feel the dizziness become worse and worse. all of a sudden everything went black.