𝟏𝟕.

This chapter has mature 18+ content so if you are uncomfortable with that, you can skip it

I paced back and forth in the living room, completely impatient since the morning Advik was supposed to pick me up today after his trip to Bangalore, and I had been eagerly waiting for him.

i checked my phone like thousand times for his any call or message but no. there were none.

"Pranavi, sit down calmly, he will be here soon," bhabi said, looking up from the tomatoes she was cutting for salad. I glanced at her, then to the door, "Who he?" 

"You know who she's talking about it's the man you are waiting for since the morning like crazy," bhaiya spoke glancing ip from whatever that pop it toy he was playing with..

I looked at bhaiya and sat on sofa crossing my arms over my chest, "i'm not waiting for anyone, okay?" I huffed. 

Arika looked up from her phone and opened her mouth to speak something, but I glared at her, silently warning her not to say anything. 

My mood is really getting bad now. I snatched the pop it toy from bhaiya and started popping the bubbles on the toy with more force than necessary.

bhaiya chuckled, "mai toh ab kuch kahunga nhi bhai" (i won't say anything now) he said, holding his hands up in surrender.

Papa entered the living room from the terrace stairs, "What happened, Pranu? Why is she making that face?" he asked bhaiya, who just shrugged in response.

Arika spoke up "She's just being all grumpy because advik is not here till now," she said, glancing at me.

I shot Arika a glare, "I'm not being grumpy, and I'm not waiting for anyone, definitely not for Advik," I retorted, my voice slightly raised.

Just then the doorbell rang, and I tossed the pop it toy on the table as Mumma went to open the door. I stayed seated on the sofa, my arms still crossed over my chest.

as Mumma opened the door, I could hear the familiar voices of him greeting her. then they stepped inside, Advik gaze flickering briefly towards me before he greeted Papa. "Namaste, Uncle," he said with a polite smile, touching Papa's feet in respect. "Stay happy," Papa replied warmly.

Mumma told him to sit, and he came and sat beside me on the sofa as Arika quickly moved away from beside me. I stared straight ahead, avoiding his gaze, but I could feel his eyes on me. 

He tried to speak, but before he could, I got up from the sofa and sat on the single couch beside papa. I looked at Shanaya and Arika, who both shot me a warning looks.

After some time, bhabi and Mumma started serving dinner, and I ignored him all the time. Once dinner was over, we took our leave. I sat in the car first.

he got in beside me after talking to my parents but I scooted as close to the door as I could and kept my gaze fixed out the window.

he looked at me and Suddenly, reached out and swiftly pulled the seatbelt across my chest, i flinched and before I could say anything, he clicked the seatbelt into place with a firm hand.