chapter one

"Don't be mad at me 'cause I'm cunt, bitch. Don't be mad at me 'cause I run shit. Be mad at yourself, 'cause you ain't done shit. Talkin' all that shit is redundant"
- IT GIRL by Aliyah's Interlude

"FINALLY OUT OF THE COOLER!"
I yelled as I ran to my car. The cold winter are flew past my leather pants and tank top. A few months in the cooler ain't gonna change nothing I thought as I started my car. The inside was a mess like always, makeup, pill bottles, cigarette boxes, empty beer bottles and cans, and how can you forget the clothes
in the back.

My car was my everything, if I wasn't at the curtis's house or at home, I was probably driving around causing trouble.

The wind flew into my car through the open window as the radio blasted Nancy Sinatra. I was yelling along to the lyrics. "these boots are made for walkin, and that's just what they'll do! one of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you!" I yelled out happily.

I drove to the Curtis house taking in the atmosphere. Usually I am loud and chaotic but winter always made me tune myself down. It was grey and dead outside- how am I supposed to feel anything? I've always thought that way since I was a small girl...gosh though, it seems everything else's has changed- besides my cup size.

I pulled over in front of the Curtis house- it being the middle of the afternoon on a Sunday I wasn't expecting many to be home. Darrys car wasn't there so I suppose he's at work, soda didn't own a car so only god knows if he's home. Little ponyboy should be home though I thought as I got out of my car with a cigarette in my mouth. Being a socs and always on the "wrong side of town" made me laugh. Was there a right or wrong side?

I walked up the steps and knocked once. nothing. Again. Nothing. I kicked the door with the tip of my heel and finally someone answered. It was two-bit and he look like he just woken up

"Rachel?" he asked as he rubbed his eyes. "hey man long time no see" I patted his chest and walked in. "your sentence is over?" he asked as he closed the door. "hell yeah- you think anyone wanna bail me out?" I said with laugh. He laughed along as we walked to the kitchen. I could feel his eyes examining me. I look completely different in all kinds of ways so i'm not surprised "Pony's in his room, soda is at work, so is darry, johnny is only god knows where-".

"or in the lot" we said at the same time as I leaned on the counter with a beer to my side and lighting the cigarette hanging out of my mouth. "steve's also at work- and your "best friend" Two-bit grinned and I rolled my eyes "is at bucks". "best friend- yeah yeah" I muttered, walking away and down the hall to ponyboys room.

"PONY!!!" I yelled and opened his door. he was on his bed reading a book. "Rachel" he said back as he looked up. "I heard you when you walked in" he said as he stood up and stretched. Happily, I walked over to him and hugged him. Pony has always been like a brother to me. So have soda and darry but me and pony are closer.

"how ya been? no socs be givin you trouble right?" I asked before letting go. "No no...i'm fine" he said, obviously lying. "yeah- totally why there's a cut under your chin. who did it!?" I lifted his head and looked over the cut. "it's fine, darry took care of it". I rubbed his cut slightly and sighed, letting go of his head.

"You look...really different" ponyboy said quietly. "is it bad?" I looked down at my body. I was thinner, and not "cute blond on the beach thin". I was pale and my face with out makeup was a rare sight.

I never had a big chest but most people I had dated or just one night said my ass made up for it. I'm also pretty short for 16- 5,3 to be exact. My legs had some scars from over the years and so did my arms from..past events. My lips were pretty and I loved my wide hazel eyes and my nose was alright. I didn't hate or love it. Over the years I finally made peace with my body.

"don't they feed you in the cooler?" he asked with a small laugh as he sat back down. "Yeah- I just didn't eat a lot of the goop they served" I scoffed, sitting on the floor now. Ponyboy laughed softly. "you sure have lost quite a bit of weight- and you were pretty thin before they locked you up." I sighed and looked down at my body again. "yeah yeah i'll work on it". ponyboy nodded softly

"so- you gonna get revenge on Dallas?" I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. "hell yeah- he knew I would get locked up if I got into another fight. he teased me so much I had to!" I said loudly as ponyboy laughed. "i'm definitely getting revenge on that son of a bitch"

time skip to later that night. The whole gang was in the small dining room eating. Darry sat on one end, Two-Bit on the other. One side had Sodapop and Steve, the other had Ponyboy and Johnny. That left dallas standing and leaning on the wall as he ate. I left the house a hour or so back- to go pick up some things from my house and change.

When I came back I was in a loose polo short sleeved dress with yellow, black, blue and red uneven stripes. My blackish brown layered hair was down and wavy as per usual. I had on red leggings with yellow and red platforms spectators shoes. My make up was back on with light red eyeshadow, my white water line, and long fake eye lashes glued on the top and ones drawn on the bottom. I dressed far from your usual girl in tulsa.

as I walked into the kitchen everyone greeted me with a few comments such as "there our old rachel" and "you look just like your socs self".

I laughed softly before walking up behind dallas as rubbing my hand down his back. i tiptoed and whispered in his ear. "dallas...revenge is a dish best served cold" with a smirk I poured my cold beer down his back. Everyone laughed it off- me and dallas always fought. "rachel! I swear to god!" he yelled and turned around. I laughed and grabbed some food from his plate. "yum" I said with my eyes narrowing and a smirk.

"are we even? are we even now?" he said in an annoyed tone. "no- even would be me eating the rest of your food, and beating you up. That would be even steven. square even" I said while making a square in the air with one finger. I laughed while snatching his plate and eating the rest. "fuck you" he muttered as he walked away to change his soaked shirt.

I leaned against the wall and ate as everyone laughed and talked, i added an occasional comment here and there. Once dallas came back I had already eaten all his food. The empty plate laid in the sink. He leaned in the wall next to me and watched the conversation as I did. If either one of us spoke a word to each other it would end up in fighting- so we didn't. we knew to well.

"revenge is a dish best served cold"
and
"that would be even steven. square even"
- Kill Bill

do y'all fuck w this little quote thing? anyways don't expect me to make many chapters xoxo
- your fav misa