Chapter 24: Awkward Situations

Jesse didn't know what to think of this outing. They were both wielding their swords, blindly heading off into the woods. Not that she didn't like it, it was just odd to her. They hadn't done anything like this in ages- 

"Why are you staring at me?" Her attention was quickly turned to Petra, whose gaze was set on her.

"What?" She sighed, "Sorry, I was just thinking."

"About?" 

A voice was heard from behind them, and they turned around. There stood Cassie and -Soren?!

How did Soren manage to find Cassie and end up here? The last time they saw him, he was being a coward, running away from the Witherstorm. He had left them to defeat the creature themselves. They had never known where he went, nor did they expect for him to leave his refuge because they already exposed him.

"Oh, great." Petra rolled her eyes, her tone full of sarcasm as she pulled Miss Butter back out.

Jesse pulled out her diamond blade as well, seeing their nemesis' have the same type, except for the fact theirs weren't an enchanted super weapon.

"We've been waiting for this, Jesse." Cassie's smile seemed to widen, in a creepy way.

"You could say I have been too," She paused, "but with new circumstances."

Cassie charged at them both, swinging her ax wildly. Petra and Jesse narrowly missed it, but it was close enough to nick them. The redhead growled, swinging her sword again, only to be blocked by Petra.

"Ugh, stop wasting your time, Cassie. You know killing her won't make her suffer." Soren narrowed his eyes at her, and she scoffed in response.

"No, but I could kill another one of her friends."  Cassie drove farther, knocking the warrior off balance, Miss Butter flying out of her hand.

"Petra!"

Jesse ran over, her sword meeting Cassie's ax as she swung for them again. The redhead seemed to stop for a minute, charging once more at Jesse. The Wither Slayer slashed her sword at her, hardly getting anything in result.

They carried on for what seemed like forever, and Jesse was eventually slowing down, whilst Cassie seemed to lose none of her speed. With another blow, Jesse was on the ground as well, meters away, and tirelessly out of breath.

She lifted herself up, only to reach her hand out and scream in horror. Cassie and Soren had outnumbered her friend, managing to get a sword to go through her body.

It seemed odd that they didn't stay and gloat, instantly running off once Petra was injured. Jesse didn't hesitate, picking her best friend up, and gasping at the gash on her side.

"Petra?" She didn't get a response, and her lip started to quiver, her eyes filled with tears.

"Please," she sighed, shaking the warrior's shoulder," I've probably already lost Lukas, I-I can't lose you too." 

What scared her, was that Petra was in the exact form Lukas was in- eyes closed, shallow breathing. What if they both died?

Gulping, Jesse grabbed Miss Butter, putting it in her inventory for now. Petra wasn't going to need it currently- not when she's unconscious.

This time, she fully picked her best friend up, not even noticing how fast she was going, all she cared about was for her to be healed.

____________________________________

"Jesse! What happened?" Olivia gasped, as she ran down the stairs, seeing what the princess had brought back from the woods.

"Cassie, and Soren," she breathed, "they got her."