Choices ~ P.P

mini cross over with Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse

YOUR POV
You look across the hall just to see Peter talking to Tony, but your attention is focused on the cells behind them, where a few different versions of himself were kept, some of them children.

It was almost a month now since you had found out about the other multiverses, having different variations of Spider-Man in any form you can think of: a noir Spider-Man, a few female Spider-Men, children Spider-Men, and even a pig and a dinosaur.

It was weird how it all went down and you were still trying to wrap your head around it, but from what you did understand, their worlds were colliding, almost merging into one. As that happened, they continued to appear on Earth, appearing in random places like the middle of the ocean, someone's bathroom, and in the middle of the streets all over Earth.

The Avengers had been keeping track of the random appearances and keeping on their toes trying to figure out what to do. You worked for them as an assistant, really to Tony, to help build gadgets, but whenever they needed you on a mission, to track something, send over a jet, or even infiltrate, you were there.

When you'd found out about this, it gave a chance for a new adventure, but as the days went on from when the first Spider-Man appeared, there was an uneasy feeling in your stomach. It felt wrong, the way that Tony and the Avengers had decided to go about this. They opted to keep them in cells, observing them and their powers to see if there were any differences from Peter's own abilities and if they could bring any harm to your universe.

You knew that it wasn't like that. You'd done research like this all the time, having past experience working for Oscorp (not your brightest decision), and then transitioning to working with Tony for the past few years. You knew that no matter what universe you'd come from, the Spider-Man abilities were true to heart and the only difference was what the person who received the ability did with it. You told Tony, wanting him to see that instead of just running random tests that were probably draining them, he just had to see character and morality. He didn't understand.

You'd told your boyfriend Peter that he should talk to Tony and try to reason with him, make him understand that they were the heroes of their own worlds and wouldn't harm anyone on Earth, but he dismissed it, saying that he would talk with Tony to see what he could do, but you knew he never did it.

Tony makes a sign with his head once he becomes aware of your presence. Peter turns around almost immediately. He sighs when he notices the look on your face: anger, sadness, disappointment. He walks in your direction, trying to explain the main reason why these people were still caged and experimented on, but you just walk away not wanting to hear his excuses anymore.

"Can you just look at me for a second?" He says, the tone of his voice almost pleading for you to listen.

"No." You continue to walk away from him. "I thought you said you'd talk to him."

"I did - well - " He says, almost in a whisper, not able to finish the sentence, still following you, waiting for you to stop moving. "I think I have to side with Tony on this one, (Y/N)." He can't find the right words to explain himself. "Please..." he begs you. "Let me explain."

"No." He keeps insisting.

"Just give me a chance," He says, stopping, blocking your way with his body. "Let me explain."

You attempt to walk past him, but he moves over to block you again and again until you stop, standing in your tracks. "What?"

"Just... I know what you think. But I swear to you that everything we're doing is the right thing. For our people. For our future."