19. jawab✨

"Yrra, thank you so much for all the love.

If you enjoy today's chapter, do let me know.

_______________

Authors pov

Avantika stood near the bustling cafeteria, the aroma of freshly brewed tea mingling with her thoughts. Her face was contorted with frustration as she muttered to herself, "Samjh kya rakha hai khudko bachi hu kya mai kuchh bhi. Bolege or maan jaugi ......." ("What do they think of themselves? Do they think I'm a child? They'll say anything and I'll just agree...")

She was lost in her own world, unaware of the people around her, the hum of conversations and the clinking of cups fading into the background. Her mind was a whirlwind of emotions, a storm of unresolved tension and unspoken words.

Just then, Armaan walked in, his usual casual demeanor masking a keen sense of observation. He noticed Avantika immediately, her usually bright eyes clouded with unease. Over the past month, they had grown close, forming a sibling-like bond that had filled a void in both their lives. Avantika had started calling him "bhai" (brother), a term of endearment that signified trust and affection, and Armaan had embraced this new role with respect and sincerity.

Approaching her with a gentle smile, he asked, "Kya hua, miss... koi tension?" ("What happened, miss... any tension?") His voice was calm, a steady anchor in the sea of her distress.

Avantika looked up, startled out of her reverie. Seeing Armaan, her features softened a bit. She trusted him, and his concern was genuine, but the weight of her worries still pressed heavily on her shoulders.

Armaan's presence was a comforting reminder that she wasn't alone, even in her most troubled moments. He had a way of making her feel heard and understood, something she had longed for in her life. And as they stood there, amidst the noise and chaos of the cafeteria, a silent promise lingered in the air-that no matter the turmoil within her, she had someone who cared, someone who would stand by her through thick and thin.

"Mr. R ke hote huye unse badi koi tension ho sakti hai bhala (With Mr. R around, what bigger worry could there be)," she said while sipping her ginger tea. She believed this deeply, and it brought her comfort in a world full of change.

"Did he say something...?" Armaan asked gently. He knew that Aadi could become very emotional and aggressive. Armaan understood that Aadish, who often seemed like a monster, desperately needed Avani's presence in his life. Without her, he couldn't even think straight.

The room was filled with a subtle tension as she began to speak, her words tumbling out without a second thought. "Ha.. kahete hai pasand... (Yes.. they say you like...)," she started, her voice trailing off as she caught herself. The realization hit her like a wave, and she quickly decided that this was something too personal to share so openly, especially when the matter was far from resolved.

Her eyes darted away for a moment, the flush of embarrassment coloring her cheeks. She continued, trying to downplay her slip. "Sorry, kuchh nhi (Sorry, nothing)... mai bhi na kuchh bhi bolti hu (I just say anything sometimes)..." She let out a nervous laugh, her hand coming up to cover her mouth.

As she slowed her words, her smile softened into something more genuine, her teeth peeking through just enough to show a mix of relief and lingering embarrassment. She looked at him, hoping he would understand the mix of emotions behind her words, the unspoken complexity of what she had almost revealed. The room seemed to breathe a sigh of relief with her, as if it, too, was in on the delicate secret.