𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐃

"Laylay you got me crying, I'm going to run out of tears soon" Amelia spoke in between her sniffles

"This is giving me Deja vu" Demi wiped her eyes, this was a scene that the twins recalled all too well. It felt like just yesterday they were six years old patiently sat at the end of Malayah's s hospital bed patiently waiting for her to wake up from her coma, Life was really giving them a full circle.

"Get out her face y'all are annoying" Malayah's mother Shania stood to her feet, moving Amelia away making the girl mug her in response.

"Momma why you hating everyone knows I'm Lay's favourite" Amelia waved off going to sit down at the edge of Malayah's bed.

"I've got this book I'm going to read it to her" Demi stood to her feet rummaging through her mothers purse for the book she had put in there. Every visit Demi would read parts of a book to Malayah until it was complete.

Malayah being in a coma had become their families new reality, they spent hours on end with her. Malayah entered the coma when the twins were six and they were now going on 8.

When the hospital door opened everyone's head turned to the direction of the door. The sight of Micah made the twins let out a sigh of relief, they were so hungry.

"Why did you take so long?" Amelia approached him putting her hand out to grab her food, when he put the bag of food behind his back Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Momma, these kids rude. You meant to say thank you Amelia" Micah corrected the child shaking his head at his younger sister.

"Say thank you for what? I would've said thank you after you gave me my food" Amelia smart mouthed him making Micah pop her on the cheek, the action made Demi laugh loudly.

"Here you go Demi" Micah walked to Demi handing her the bag that contained the Chinese food that they had asked for.

"Thanks brother" Demi smiled at the man taking her food and going to sit at the round table in Malayah's hospital room.

"Micah please give me my food" Amelia asked a fake smile on her face, he shook his head no but when she brought her hands together to beg he laughed handing her the food.

"How is she holding up?" Micah approached Malayah running his hand down her cheek.

"Well they are saying she's making improvements" Shania hopelessly sighed.

Nobody wanted to say it out loud but they were all slowly loosing their faith and hope that she would eventually wake up.

"Yo Laylay, wake up. Your niece and nephew want to meet you man. I gotta put you on to a lot of shit that's been going on" Micah lowered his head near the woman's ear.