Chapter Thirteen: "They saved us."

I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up, seeing Billy and Stu standing by my side. Billy held out his hand and I took it, letting him gently pull me up to stand with him. I wobbled a bit, but he kept me steady.

I looked between the two, a faint smile gracing my lips. "You're here."

"Of course we're here," Stu said, smiling as well.

"I did promise, didn't I?" Billy grinned, pulling me into a hug. I gripped onto him tightly, afraid if I let go, I'd lose them again.

Stu stepped closer before pulling me into him, lightly kissing me. I felt myself melting, feeling so at peace to finally have them back.

I had started to lose hope, thinking I'd never see them again, and then, all of this happens. I've missed them so much, and now, we can be together.

"Is it over?" I pulled back, snapping my head over to see Gale pulling herself up from the pit.

"Gale? You're alive?" I asked, going towards her.

"Yeah, the bullet just bounced off my ribs," she said.

"Jesus, Gale, you've got more lives than a cat," I laughed as I helped pull her up onto the stage.

She rolled her eyes, looking at the red staining my shirt, and then behind me, seeming to just now notice Billy and Stu. "Uh, Hazel," she mumbled.

I gave her a small smile, "Don't worry, they're not going to hurt us. They saved us."

She shook her head, "They're killers, Hazel, you can't trust them, come on." She grabbed my hand, trying to get me to come with her.

"Gale-" I started, looking back at my boys worriedly.

They rushed over to us, causing Gale to stop, looking nervous. She let go of my hand and I walked closer to my boys. "Hazel, you have to go with her," Billy said.

"What?" Stu and I gasped, looking at him in shock.

"We're still fugitives, we won't be able to get you the medical help you need."

I shook my head, tears streaming down my face. "No, I-I'm fine. I can go with you."

Stu and Billy looked to be having a silent conversation before Stu looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Billy's right. You have to go with Gale."

"No! I just got you back, you can't leave me. Not again."

Billy took my face in his hands, wiping tears away. "We will come back for you, I swear."

"Please, Billy," I cried, "I love you."

I saw tears in his eyes and one escaped as he said, "I love you too baby. That's why we have to let you go."

"No, please."

He nodded to Stu and I watched as he disappeared from view. "Wait! What are you doing, stay back!" Gale exclaimed. I tried to look over, but Billy wouldn't let me turn my head.

"Have a good nap Miss Weathers," Stu said before I heard a harsh hit. He knocked her out.

My lip trembled, my heart breaking. "Billy, please don't do this. I'll be okay, I promise, just don't leave me."

He shook his head, "I promise we will be together someday." He leaned in, connecting our lips. I kissed back, my head feeling more woozy once I closed my eyes.

He leaned back and I opened my heavy eyelids just as I heard Stu, "I'm so sorry baby, I love you."

Then there was a splitting pain in the back of my head and my eyes rolled back. I felt myself being caught in strong arms before everything went dark.