Chapter 26

After the final exams were over, the school gave a day off. Jennie had planned to use this day to rest, but she was pulled out of bed early in the morning by her mother.

"After breakfast, I'll take you and your little cousin out to buy some New Year's goods," said Lee Jeongeun, taking a sip of milk and turning to Yeonjun with a kind smile. "Buy whatever you like, consider it a New Year's gift from your aunt."

Yeonjun nodded and smiled innocently, "Thank you, Auntie."

In these past few days, Yeonjun's parents had gone to different countries to celebrate the New Year, without any plans to take their son with them.

Feeling sorry for Yeonjun, Lee Jeongeun scolded her own brother harshly, and then sent a driver to bring Yeonjun over to spend the New Year with them.

The cold winter wind was howling, but inside the car, the heater was on and it felt as warm as spring. The driver stopped the car at the entrance of the mall and let the two of them out.

"What do you want to buy?" Jennie hurriedly walked into the mall, hunching her body against the cold, before turning around to ask Yeonjun.

The young man lazily put his hands in his pockets and said, "I don't want to buy anything here. Let's go somewhere else."

Jennie felt like he was just trying to mess with her.

It was freezing outside, and she had only thrown on a sweater before leaving the house, counting on the mall's heating to keep her warm.

Now he wanted her to go somewhere else? She'd freeze to death!

"Can't we just stay here and look around? I'm cold," she said bluntly.

The young man was wrapped up in a thick coat, looking like a ball. He lifted his eyes lazily and said, "Then let's go buy you a coat."

There was nothing else to say. Five minutes later, Jennie and the young boy walked out of the mall, with Jennie wearing her newly bought cotton coat. The winter wind was bone-chillingly cold, and with the Lunar New Year approaching, the usually quiet streets were now bustling with people.

Jennie followed Yeonjun aimlessly as they wandered around, until she couldn't help but speak up: "What exactly are you trying to buy? Can't we just go home if you're not going to buy anything?"

She was really tired, and her feet were aching from all the walking. As they moved further away from the noisy city center, the number of pedestrians dwindled.

At the end of the street was a music store, with soothing music flowing out from within. Yeonjun stopped in his tracks and walked inside, saying, "Pick something."

"What?" Jennie was a bit surprised when they first entered the store. This child usually only played games, when did he develop an interest in listening to records?

The lights inside the store were dim, and the young boy lowered his gaze, with a faint blush creeping up on his ears.

"You like music, right? Just pick whatever you want," he scratched his head, his tone stiff. "I improved on my final exams this time and even got praised by the teacher, so consider it a thank you gift from me."

The dim lights in the store reflected in his narrow phoenix eyes, softening the sharp edges of his face.

Facing the warm air vent, the warm breeze brushed against Jennie's face, making her feel itchy.

She smiled, the winter chill fading from her face. "Well, I guess you do have a little bit of a conscience."

"Hey, don't buy too many, okay? At most ten, got it?" Yeonjun stiffly said, sticking out his neck.