Chapter 6

"You didn't show up to dinner, correct?" Sunno inquired.

"Yes, I was asleep," Nari replied, glancing at Niki. It seemed he hadn't mentioned seeing her cry.

"Are you feeling better now?" Sunghoon asked suddenly, turning to Nari and tilting his head.

"What do you mean?" Nari asked, puzzled.

"I saw you on the balcony earlier this evening, and you fell," Sunghoon said. Oh dear, Nari thought.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine. I just tripped," Nari said with a smile, but Sunghoon let out a small laugh.

"Did you just laugh?" Nari asked, pointing at him playfully and frowning.

"No, no," Sunghoon defended, raising his hands, causing Nari to smile brightly. Eventually, everyone started laughing as they sat around the massive mahogany table, chatting. The boys seemed to warm up, except for Heeseung. He was unlike the others.

"What?" Nari mouthed to Heeseung. He kept staring at her, frowning. Nari was confused by his demeanor but let it go, thinking he might dislike her.

"See, I told you it would be fun to be together," Jake said to Nari.

"Yes, it is. I honestly thought you guys didn't like me. I guess I was wrong; it was just that we are all bad at talking," Nari said, and the boys nodded, except Heeseung, as expected.

"Nari, Nari, Nari," someone suddenly called her name. She tried to focus and listen to who was speaking to her.

"Nari, it's Nadia," Nari finally heard who it was. She looked at the boys talking, but she was losing consciousness as Nadia was trying to communicate with her. If she stayed any longer, the boys would notice because her eyes would start glowing, indicating she was in contact. Nari cleared her throat to get their attention.

"I need to go to my room; I think I left the windows open. It's raining pretty badly," Nari lied and stood up, ready to leave. But Heeseung's gaze was piercing. As she stared back, a thought crossed her mind: "Liar." Nari shrugged and walked off quickly to avoid leaving Nadia hanging. She hurried to her room and opened the door.

"Oh my God," Nari almost screamed when she saw Taeoh sitting on her bed.

"Taeoh, why do you always scare me like that?" Nari said, closing the door and locking it. She sat next to him on the bed.

"Sorry, but Nadia called me," Taeoh said.

"Me too. It seems she needs to talk to both of us," Nari said, stretching her hands out for Taeoh to hold, which he did. They closed their eyes, ready to call Nadia out, but they were already connected.

"Taeoh, Nari, hello after a while," Nadia said.

"Indeed," Nari replied.
"Without wasting time, I'll tell you why I wanted to talk. Do either of you know why the boys lack features similar to ours? Today, while speaking with Master, he mentioned that the boys have no access to your powers, Nari, including sun protection. Yet they are fine in the sun," Nadia asked.

"They live like normal humans but lack anything relating to us. Are you sure they are the correct seven princes?" Taeoh questioned, unsure.

"Yes, they are. All seven have the mark on their necks," Nadia confirmed.

"Nari, Taeoh, you must find out how this is possible and report back as quickly as possible," Nadia instructed.

"Nadia, do you have any idea what might be helping the boys appear human?" Nari asked.

"No," Nadia replied.

"Alright, we'll investigate. Tell Master not to worry," Nari said.

"Sure, and Lord Dracula warned you both to be careful of the Emperor and Empress. They are not who they seem," Nadia warned.