Chapter 3:

"Kacchan!?" I exclaimed almost in unison with him. I hadn't seen Kacchan since graduation. It's not like we had a fight or anything, but we just never really saw each other. But he looked so...different now... Kacchan had way more piercings than he used to, his spiky blonde hair was longer at the back, which only made him look more muscular. He was wearing a black band shirt with some obscure rock band that I'd never even heard of before, he was in dark grey cargo trousers that had been bleached in some places to look like skulls. He had a black studded belt that had a chain dangling from it. His nails were painted black and he had various chains and jewellery up his arms and on his neck. Sure I'd seen him a couple times on the news, but he looked so much hotter when he wasn't in his hero uniform. Wait- Forget I said that!! We both just stared at each other in awkward silence before Kacchan sat down across from me and whisper-shouted at me.

"What the hell are you doing here nerd!? I thought you moved to Shibuya!"

I paused for a moment, debating what to tell Kacchan about why I moved from there last year.

"Uh...well I kinda did? I was there for like a year, then I moved back to Musutafu cause I didn't like Shibuya." I answered awkwardly, avoiding eye contact as I stared at the swirling green tea in front of me. I avoided the subject of Shibuya, there were too many bad memories associated with that place.

"But you're the number one hero right? I mean congrats nerd, but why you?"

Kacchan stated in a slightly less aggressive tone than usual, but his question I don't think really needed an answer, as he sat down in front of me. Huh?!- did Kacchan just...congratulate me? Wow...he's changed so much since high school...

"So uhm...I guess I'll be doing the Yokohama mission with you then?"

I asked even though I know the answer. Kacchan nodded in agreement before ordering a black coffee with hot sauce. That still confuses me. Kacchan has always had a thing for spicy foods, if it's not spicy then it's bad, apparently. I can barely handle spice, he used to put hot sauce in my food in high school to 'toughen me up' or something. Him and Kirishima loved spicy things and I had no clue why. The waitress stared at Kacchan in confusion before doing it for him anyway, because he's the number two hero. After a few minutes of awkward silence between us, we both got a message from the hero committee that had all the files on the villain and their plans. We both opened the message at the same time. Kacchan and I skimmed over the files in silence as we finished our drinks. Kacchan looked around briefly before breaking the silence.

"We uh probably shouldn't talk about this here, god knows who could be spying on us"

I agreed and we both stood up, almost in unison, I paid for mine and Kacchan's drinks before we both left the cafe.

"Do you wanna get the train to my place?"

Kacchan asked without yelling or calling me dumb names, which is still weird for me, as he stared at me intently.

"Oh! Uh my place isn't actually that far from here, it's only like a five minute walk, so we could go there?"

I said as I put my hands in my pockets out of habit. He agreed and I led him to my place, trying to avoid the stares we got from the people that recognised us.

When we got to my apartment block, I took him into the janky lift and pressed the button for the fifth floor. We had a very awkward conversation about the weather, for some reason, before I led him to my apartment and unlocked the door. I asked Kacchan if he wanted a drink, he asked for a glass of water so I poured him one and we sat down in my bedroom.