DUPLICITY | CASE O14.

Y'all ain't ready for chapter fifteen man... y'all ain't ready. This chapter is long though, I had so many thoughts running through my head.

Enjoy the "peace" while it lasts.

———

[ SIDE MISSION #2 — KEEP THE FAMILY CLOSE. PT. 1. (Second part will be a different name.)

HEROES

NONE.

ANTI-HEROES

AVERY ALEXANDER.
JOHNATHAN RILEY.
MARCELLUS COLVART.
ARLISE ALSINA.

VILLAINS

ARLO ALSINA.
ARCHER DAVIS.
KARISMA ALSINA.
IRIS WILLIAMS.
TAIJUAN CORDELL.
ADONIS ALSINA.
BRYSON ALEXANDER.

DEATHS IN PART ONE: TWO.
DEATHS IN PART TWO: THREE. ]

DUPLICITY
CASE O14.
March 14th, 2024.

Bellevue, Washington.
Continuation.
Unedited.

      AVERY PRESSED HER back firmly against her passenger side door, her eyes still wide. "It's Archer." She gasped into the phone, glancing out of the window to see that Taijuan and Archer were inside of the building. "Why are you so quiet? Where are-" Avery shrieked when the door opened, she fell back, looking up at Arlo who was staring down at her. "What the hell!"

"What did you say?" Arlo sat her up and turned her around, his face etched in pure confusion and disbelief. "Avery, what did you say?" He repeated.

"It's Archer." She said quietly, pressing her lips together. Even though he kept his composure, she could tell it hit Arlo like a truck when he looked at the building to see Taijuan and Archer standing in line, talking.

"Arlo-"

"I don't want to hear no fucking 'be the bigger person' bullshit, Avery." He gritted through his teeth, trying not to raise his voice. If he caused a scene, his cover would get blown, and it would get ugly.

"I wasn't going to say that." She said softly, knowing he was angry at the situation, not her. "I was going to ask you... what do you need me to do?"

Arlo's face fell and he stared at her, slightly tilting his head. "What?"

"What do you need me to do?" She asked again. "Who do you need me to talk to first? I was hesitant, even coming up with ways on how to ask you to back out of it but now I can't. Not when you just lost the last person closest to you. You don't deserve this, Arlo. You don't deserve any of this." She ranted passionately.

It would've been a sweet moment if Arlo were truly a good man, and an overall good person. But unfortunately, he wasn't, the Arlo he showed Avery was nothing but a lie.

Their relationship was built on nothing but a lie and Avery was none the wiser. Arlo played his role and he played it well, he was having one hell of a time with her.

It was like he was metaphorically, and slowly shoving his hand in her chest, grasping for her heart, aiming to rip it out and going for the kill. At the moment he was unsuccessful.