Chapter 2

Amber POV

I was in the observatory locating constellations when I see Sofia flying on her horse back to the castle looking.... distressed?, that's odd. And why is she back this early? I thought she's having a party at the Mystic Isles.

I went outside and hurried over to where she landed and approached her.

"Sofia! You're early, what happened? You look.... distressed.." I asked

"Amber! Something's happened in the Mystic Isles! The protectors, all the magical creatures, are all gone!!" She said in a panicked tone.

I was shocked at first, then confused, "Wait- im confused... What do you mean by gone?" I asked again.

"You know, gone, vanished, abracadabra, disappearo, poof..... You know, MISSING!!" she exclaimed.

"Woah woah, calm down for a bit-" she cutted me off

"I CAN'T CALM DOWN AMBER!! THIS IS A SERIOUS SITUATION WE'RE FACING!!" she shouted, while crying.

Im guessing our parents heard the commotion because I heard them running outside the castle with worried looks on their faces when they saw Sofia crying.

"Sofia honey? What happened?" Our mother asked.

"Mom! Something's wrong in the Mystic Isles!" Sofia exclaimed.

Sofia then started explaining to our parents the situation, even Aunt Tilly looked a little worried too.

"Come on everyone, we'll talk about this inside. There seems to be a snowstorm coming and I don't want you catching colds." Daddy said and Sofia finally calmed down.

~~~

Sofia POV

My family headed inside the castle to warm up. But just as I was about to tell more about the situation, my amulet glowed an ice blue color.

"Would you excuse me for a moment?, I need to go and fetch something in my room real quick" I said.

My family was a bit reluctant at first, then Aunt Tilly and Amber saw that my amulet is glowing and got the hint, "Sure, Sofia." Amber said, giving me an 'I'll keep them distracted as long as I can' look.

I rushed to my room, shrunk down and entered the secret passageway to the secret library.

Yes, my parents may know my secret about being a protector, but I decided not to tell them that I am a storykeeper as well.

When I arrived, the library already selected a book for me to finish. It flew and hovered right in front of me, "Secrets of the Mystic Isles", I read out loud, then the book started floating through the portal.

A/N: I'll just call it a portal because I forgot what the thing is called.. hope you don't mind

The portal started talking,

"Millenniums ago, before magic was discovered , above the lands of pirates and vikings, amongst the second star to the right, there existed a portal to a different realm, a different dimension, a different world. No one has been to this dimension for many believed that it was only a legend except, a person named Rigel."

'there's another dimension?' I thought to myself

"No one knew how Rigel did it but, Rigel was the only one who had entered and explored the second dimension, and there he found a crystal that holds all the magic that we have in this world right now. And that's how Rigel became the first windwalker"