Chapter 7

Unknown POV

I prepped my elbows on the table and rested my head on my palms as I sat on my dusty old chair inside my workshop all the while thinking what to do about a certain princess. I was so deep in thought that I didn't realize somebody coming in.

"Brother?.." someone said, snapping me back to reality. "What did I tell you about calling me 'brother'!? Let me remind you one more time that I will never consider you as family!" I snapped at him, seriously, why he doesn't get it?

"I apologize, I meant 'Your Highness'.." he corrected himself.

"That's better. Now, what are you doing here in my workshop?" I snarled at him, I hate being interrupted

"I... I have to ask you something.." he hesitated

"Go on.." I urged him to continue, "this better not be one of your dumb questions" I said.

"How did you control that fairy without using any sort of spell?" He asked.

"Ahh, Im glad you asked." I grabbed a wooden box from a drawer, placed it on the table and opened it, revealing a silver ring with an oval-shaped red ruby studded in the center.

"I don't get it" he said, not surprising.

"Of course you don't, pea-brain" I said, trying to sound calm but failed. "Have you noticed the amulet that is dangling around Princess Sofia's neck?" I asked and he nodded.

"Well, I found not so long ago that it is an Avalorian jewelry, the Amulet of Avalor" I explained, his eyed stared at me in confusion.

"I think you're mistaken, the Amulet of Avalor is purple, while Princess Sofia's amulet is pink.. It wouldn't be possible for the amulet to change color, right?" he said, visibly confused.

"I don't know, but I saw her talking to her animals which only Avalorian jewelries can do, and a while ago...."

Flashback

Earlier today

I hid behind the large trees peeked through the bushes near the bleachers as I continued to spy on the princess while holding the book that I need to somehow give it to her without her noticing, "Ugh, I wish I have some sort of distraction right now" I mumbled.

Just then, my ring suddenly glowed a bright red light, I covered it so no one would see it. Then a puff of light red smoke appeared beside me and a fairy with bright yellow clothing and light blue eyes emerged from it.

I jumped back, shocked at the sight, I stared at the ring that I just stole from Avalor a week ago, then stared at the fairy in front of me.

She didn't seem to move.

"Walk towards me" I commanded.

She started to move and walked to my direction, her eyes went from sky blue to crimson red. Now this is interesting.

When she came close to me, I commanded her to stop, and she did but her eyes didn't change color.

Huh, curious.

"You're now free" I said, and her eyes changed back to sky blue and started moving, rubbing her eyes while groaning, "W- what happened?-"

"Freeze" I said immediately before she realises somebody is controlling her, her eyes then changed back to a crimson red color.

"Listen to me" I commanded again as I walked closer and whispered something in her ears, she nodded and took off.

A few minutes later after Sofia received the book

Mission accomplished, the Princess got the book, it has to be her because she's the only one who can activate it and turn it to keys for some reason.

But I couldn't help but question her skills, I heard she's the first female rider in the history of flying derby.

So what if I just-

I brought my hand closer to me and I commanded to the ring, "take back the book". The fairy reacted immediately and grabbed the book back from the princess, then froze everyone's legs to the ground, even the horses, so they wouldn't be able to do anything to stop her.

A/N: Y'all know what happened next..

I have to admit, the princess got some skills, okay a lot of skills. But who cares, at least she got the book back. I set the fairy free from my control while she was unconscious.

I stared at the princess one last time before I take my leave, but I quickly hid behind the thick bush when her head spun toward my direction.

End of Flashback

"So this ring in front of you is enchanted, just like Princess Sofia's amulet. You say what you want and the ring gives it to you" I explained to him

"Wait- so you stole something from Avalor?" He said and I smirked, "I like to think it as 'I borrowed but won't return it' kind of way.. you know what I mean?" I said and he nodded in response.

"So, what's the next step of your plan, your highness?" He asked. "The next step... is to wait. In the meantime, I will let you hold onto this for now" I said as I slid the box towards him and his eyes widened.

It looked like he was about to smile but stopped himself, "Why me, bro-.. I mean, your highness?" He asked again, "Well, I don't want Avalorians to know I stole one of their precious jewels since they come here a lot for the trade, and since you're in school a lot... I think you know what I mean.." I explained and he nodded for the nth time.

He looked down to the floor and I swear I could see his face, smiling like an idiot, he then cleared his throat and looked backed up again, his face returns to its usual cold demeanor.

"Now, leave my workshop" I said as I gave a dismissal wave at him. He looked like he have something else to say, "Do you have something else to say?" I asked him and he thought to himself for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"Then grab the box and leave my office this instant, before I do something you won't like" I said sternly.

He seemed hesitant at first but still complied to my command,  so he grabbed the box with the ring in it and left my office.

Finally, some peace and quiet.

That bastard better be careful with that ring...

A/N: Hi there, so uhh yeah nothing interesting really happened here except the part where somebody has a jewelry like Sofia's... Anyway, it's a short chapter cuz my mental blocking is mental blocking right now, so I might not be able to post for a week or something.

Do you have any guesses who this anonymous person could be? Let me know 🙂

P.S. Thank you for 330 reads on my first book!! It may not sound a lot to you but it is to me. So... Yeah, I wasn't expecting it.. Thanks again!!

Anyway,
peace out ✌️