Chapter 4

Time skip: Next monday 

Sofia POV

It was another chilly morning in Enchancia and I woke up early as usual.

I got up and stretched, changed into my active wear, grabbed my skates and went to the nearby lake outside the castle.

I'm supposed to do my morning jog around the castle for a warm-up before I start the day, but since the since the temperature is colder than usual, I only stick to ice skating for now.

This is pretty much my usual morning routine everyday ever since I became a protector two years ago.

I still can't believe Amber likes someone while in a relationship with another. But something about this 'Prince Hugo' she's talking about is giving me the bad vibes...

I don't know, but whoever he is, I don't like him one bit.

After my morning routine, I went inside, changed into an appropriate attire for school, ate breakfast, and hopped onto my flying coach, ready to leave for CSS.

It feels weird riding to school alone, and this is the first time where we go into separate coaches. I left early first because the school is forty-five minutes away from our kingdom.

When I arrived, I was surprised to see royals, mostly princes, giving me disgusted looks, some even gave me mischievous smirks as I walked through the hallways.

I scanned through the crowd of royals and noticed that the males dominated the school. It's disappointing to think that there are not many athletic princesses.

Beyond the crowd, I saw a familiar face, it was Maya. When our gazes met, she was confused at first to why I was smiling at her, but she when looked down to the amulet hanging around my neck, she brightened up and rushed up towards me with a smile.

"Hey, Sofia! Wow, you look really different from the last time I saw you at your graduation party five years ago I could barely recognise you— a good different, I mean" she said, as she looked at me from top to bottom and I chuckled as a response.

"I guess you're the exchange student we will be welcoming today.. Nice dress by the way." She continued, complimenting my dress and I nodded and thanked her.

"Also, im your tour guide for the day" she added and gave me a time table, I smiled and nod as a reply.

We had a little bit of catching up of eachother's lives as we continue down the hallway, showing me the areas where they train, whilst ignoring the dirty looks the princes has been giving us.

"In here we have the second ice rink, this is where we practice our ice dancing skills, and here on your right is the history hall, where all sports history is recorded" she explained, we stopped in the middle of the hallway and I noticed a picture of....... Me?

"Why is there a picture of me in here?" I asked. "Well, I mean, you are the very first female royal to compete in flying derby races, soo..." She said.

I looked back at the portrait and realized, I look nothing like my younger self.

Below my picture, there was a writing that says, 'First and Youngest Female Rider in the history of Flying Derby'. Wow, just wow. "I guess not many princesses attend this school, huh?" I said, while glancing around. She sighed and said.

"Yeah, there is a good amount of princesses here, but it's only half of the overall male population in this school and well, they're mostly arrogant and that they think they are the best at every sport... especially Prince Hugo and his friend group" she said, her lips forming into a grim line.